Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
401 - 420 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Question about ST coilovers

The quality looks great! Just one quick question, I read thru the thread and some guys got green springs and some got yellow springs with helpers? Does anyone know why? The yellow springs with helpers "look" better? Or does it even really matter? Thoughts? I have a 2004 1.8T 2WD Auto. Thanks!

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
The quality looks great! Just one quick question, I read thru the thread and some guys got green springs and some got yellow springs with helpers? Does anyone know why? The yellow springs with helpers "look" better? Or does it even really matter? Thoughts? I have a 2004 1.8T 2WD Auto. Thanks!
I don't think either design is different, it is just a difference in color. Keep in mind, that not everyone has the same year/model of Passat, so the coilover systems are going to have slight differences for different models.

·
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
Thanksgiving Bump!

New Coils for $795 shipped to your door in the lower 48 states, and a $100 factory rebate from ST!

·
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
can that be retroactive? I just got mine less than 8 months ago!!
Try contacting ST/KW to see if they will give you the discount. The rebate is given by the manufacturer, not the vendor so you may have a chance at getting the rebate, even though the rebate does stipulate that it only applies for purchases in Nov/Dec, it never hurts to try. GL

·
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
Just a reminder, if you want to get in on the rebate for ST suspension products, your rebates need to be postmarked by January 31st (This upcoming Friday) For those of you who purchased a kit between Nov and December, make sure to download and fill out the rebate information. :thumbup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
;)

NEWMAN'SOWN had meant December 31 the sale/offer was about to expire.

If you did get in on the promotion for the $100 Factory Rebate, you need to get your Paperwork / Submission of the required documents in by January 31, 2011.

Full Details on the ST Rebate and procedure are located on their website at this link:

http://www.stsuspensions.com/rebate.php **EDIT** This link is now dead, as ST has pulled the rebate from their site**

Also, if you have sent your submission in but not heard anything back, you can go to http://www.datarebate.com or call 1-877-630-2345. (Hours: EST 9:00am to 5:00pm Mon - Fri.) to get an update.

Thanks, :thumbup:

·
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
@ Glenn, yes, thank you for your correction, that is what I meant to say.

@ Babadude, yes you can still order coilovers through the GB. The price is $795 shipped to your door.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Just checking back here, though I would post some pics up. I got mine back in August/September (sucks, I didn't look into whether the rebate would be retroactive).

Anyways, here's a few before/after pics. RS6 reps & Thor going on soon, so I can go moar low :thumbup:

Before:

After:

(excuse the shitty rotor)

:driving:

·
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #420
^ Very nice, I have 75% of my coilovers installed. :lol: The last coil will be installed this weekend thanks to Beaumisbro. The only issue I had was adjusting the rear coils. When I turn them to adjust, the lower perch spins along with them. How are you guys adjusting your coils without spinning around?

401 - 420 of 457 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.