Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
281 - 300 of 314 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
$300 and you're done. Shipping included.

I still have a few more from the production run. This is the prize for those who pull the trigger soon...

[ shameless promotion intended, quick somebody post a three-wheel cornering video or photo and help me move the rest of this lot... ;) ]

·
rockin the nasty azz exhaust tips yo!!
1,526 Posts
Finally got mine installed after buying a much needed longer drill bit.

I've been a part of the group buy from the beginning though I must say I was very skeptical. It didn't make sense to me that a simple bar could make the difference people stated.

Well I was wrong. It's incredible. I had no idea it could be this much fun! It takes you a few times to really get use to the difference and one you do it gives you a new found confidence in the car and in the handling. I would do this again in a heart beat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
It's even fun now when turning into parking lots; I wait until the nose of the car has just past the entrance and turn in really late. So flat, so fun. It won't be good for the longevity of the tires, but I can't wait to make that move with an unsuspecting passenger in the car :)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Having recently run into a rock, I'm still a bit too scared to push it through any real turns where there is a rock/pole/tree/fence/large curb/any other potentially damaging obstacle lurking on the other side. Definately need a parking lot run to really see what I can do there. Also noticed while I was installing that my front tires are definately more worn than the rears, so I think I'll go about rotating them to get that extra front grip.

·
rockin the nasty azz exhaust tips yo!!
1,526 Posts
Today I took it into a parking deck at our local mall to hear the new resonator set up... While turning to go up the ram to the next level I dropped into first, floored it and threw the back out, held perfectly under about 60-70% throttle and put a grin on my face for the next half hour. I may be going back to try and get video of this. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
One thing you don't want to do is put tires with a lot more grip on the front. If there is only a little difference between front and rear, that's fine. The issue putting tires with a lot more grip on the front is now you've removed grip from the rear; when cornering hard or on wet roads, the rear can lose traction more easily, bringing the rear end around, especially now that you've got that bar on it.

Tyler, you have to get this on video! Hmm, I sense a parking deck drifting video...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Finally got mine installed after buying a much needed longer drill bit.

I've been a part of the group buy from the beginning though I must say I was very skeptical. It didn't make sense to me that a simple bar could make the difference people stated.

Well I was wrong. It's incredible. I had no idea it could be this much fun! It takes you a few times to really get use to the difference and one you do it gives you a new found confidence in the car and in the handling. I would do this again in a heart beat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Fixed it for you. and YOU'RE WELCOME. :p I told you it would make a huge difference. I have the neuspeed bar, so it's not the same as the ones keith had made, but it still produces the desired effect.

Matt:taz:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just drove a 230 mile trip and the car feels great, was averaging about 28.5 mpg over the extent of the trip w/ avg speed 0f 62-70mph; cruise ste about 7 over limit for duration. I wasn't hammering curves or anything, just a solid depiction of standard road trip driving. the last time I made this trip (military training) was a week prior to installing front and rear bars and I avged about 27.2 mpg for same route. I don't know if the bars contributed to the mpg boost, but it definitely feels more grounded and solid on the road. Would def do this again. Thanks again for all the hard work Keith

·
Super Moderator
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Adding sway bars should not affect mileage at all.
Unless you add a hanging-style sway bar, which might add a tad more under car air turbulence. Subtract 1-2 mpg for that, I would think. :poke:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
do you still have any left would like to pick one up
I do. Paypal $300 (includes shipping to USPS address) to me at keithwbloom at gmail dot com and I'll ship it out the following day.

:wrench:

·
Super Moderator
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
Pair it up with an A6 front strut bar, prepped and ready to bolt on to your B5/5.5 for $375 including shipping to USPS address. I only have one strut bar at present, so first come, first serve — no dibs.

:wrench:

·
Super Moderator
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #296

·
Super Moderator
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
Bumparooski. Have a few more of these I need to move out so I can make room for new shtuff. Like track shoes. ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
Your car wants this. Only 4 remain. When they're gone, they're gone and you'll have to wait until someone grows weary of having too much fun in high-speed corners. :thumbup:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Keith. Chalk me up for the rear bar if you still got one. I'll Paypal as soon as I get confirmation that you've got one with my name on it.

Cheers
-gabe

·
Super Moderator
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
Keith. Chalk me up for the rear bar if you still got one. I'll Paypal as soon as I get confirmation that you've got one with my name on it.

Cheers
-gabe
I looked closely at the remaining units and sure enough, there is one with "Gabe" in tiny letters on it. How'd you do that? ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

281 - 300 of 314 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.