847-680-8000

or E-Mail Jim at [email protected]

More Info and Technical Specs Can Be Found At
www.phatnoise.com

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
Question for brngit4:
I have a 2003 wagon. Has VW modified the cable so that the unit will fit into the CD changer space with the cover fitting in place properly? I want to have the thing out of sight when the luggage cover is open and I can't place this thing on the floor of the "way back" due to cargo considerations. What say you?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Altair 4 said:
Question for brngit4:
I have a 2003 wagon. Has VW modified the cable so that the unit will fit into the CD changer space with the cover fitting in place properly? I want to have the thing out of sight when the luggage cover is open and I can't place this thing on the floor of the "way back" due to cargo considerations. What say you?
Unfortunatly not yet--- what I have seen most people in your situation doing is mounting it in the CD Changer location and modifying the door so that it fits out of the way and out of sight

·
Registered
991 Posts
Well, I order one today. Jim at Liberty is great. Mine will probably get here Monday.

I now have to look into creating an adapter for the cable in order not to cut the cover on my wagon.

Thanks for the GB information.

·
Registered
342 Posts
brngit4 said:
Altair 4 said:
Question for brngit4:
Unfortunatly not yet--- what I have seen most people in your situation doing is mounting it in the CD Changer location and modifying the door so that it fits out of the way and out of sight
:?
So does this mean we're forced to cut the rear cargo door/hatch cover panel to make the Phatbox fit in the CD location and therefore leave the cartridge visible from any of the rear windows in my WAGON? I've seen the install guide and that's what they show - does anyone have experience with this? Thanks in advance!

BTW - this is a great deal on a great product.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bmann said:
brngit4 said:
Altair 4 said:
Question for brngit4:
:?
So does this mean we're forced to cut the rear cargo door/hatch cover panel to make the Phatbox fit in the CD location and therefore leave the cartridge visible from any of the rear windows in my WAGON? I've seen the install guide and that's what they show - does anyone have experience with this? Thanks in advance!

BTW - this is a great deal on a great product.
The actual install guide has the whole unit cartridge and all mounted towards the back of the rear seat.
What I have seen a lot of Passat owners doing is using the jetta brackets and mouinting the unit in the CD changer location and making a cutout in the door panel for the CD changer slot the size of the cartridge.
Leaving only the last 1/3 of the cartridge visible. Also allowing for very easy access to the cartridge.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.