Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
odd, but going through their site it was $40 cheaper and that was starting with the 20 person price. might be a good deal for sedan owners but that $120 for premium leather for variant owners is probably what's doing it.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
That's crazy, I worked for the company who did their website... I was like, wait... I've been here before...

I will have to go check out their stuff. Never really considered getting leather, but they are right here in town...

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the $120 is because they only offer the wagon in the premium leather kit. i dont know why.

however, they do have a kit to fit the b5.5 04.5+ rears with the big armrest

and the $579 kit is all vinyl, which is not offered for the passat

toss in the free options of flat inserts and double stitching and you're getting a $724 kit for $579. pretty damn good deal

·
Registered
369 Posts
Any idea if the door inserts are vinyl or leather?

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
if there is enough interest in this gb at the end there shouldnt be a problem getting extra pieces. i can ask for sure
Great thanks, keep us posted. I just need a couple small things that have been damaged since I got my Katzkin kit almost 3 years ago. It is great stuff though for anyone thinking about participating :thumbup:

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
the $120 is because they only offer the wagon in the premium leather kit. i dont know why.

however, they do have a kit to fit the b5.5 04.5+ rears with the big armrest

and the $579 kit is all vinyl, which is not offered for the passat

toss in the free options of flat inserts and double stitching and you're getting a $724 kit for $579. pretty damn good deal
And that's my point. I started with the $579 (assuming we'd even get 20 people) and then added the install kit, 2-tone with suede inserts and the "premium content" $120 and shipping and then I went to the website directly and built the EXACT SAME package and it was cheaper at their site. If we don't get 20 people then the GB price gets even higher. Either way, for a variant owner the GB will be more expensive than ordering directly.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
base price of the deluxe kit is $679. only the wagons require the $120 premium upgrade. that pricing is the same whether or not you get it here or through the site.

so just based on that the gb offers a $100 discount.

after that, comparing the options from the site to here, the prices are the same, except that through this group buy you get flat inserts ($25) and the contrasting double color stitching ($20) for free, plus the seat heaters for $89 instead of $99.

so normal kit savings are $145 per kit, if you want seat heaters you save $10 per seat.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Damn spendy for that price should just find a junk yard and get them there,
Kinda comparing apples to oranges. old junkyard seats vs new leather covers.

You might get lucky and the dismatler might have removed the seats and properly stored them in a clean and dry place (but I doubt it). Most likely been sitting in the car collecting mold and critters

The part I don't like is that I'm not sure the "heat system" is compatible with OEM switches and cabling

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
base price of the deluxe kit is $679. only the wagons require the $120 premium upgrade. that pricing is the same whether or not you get it here or through the site.

so just based on that the gb offers a $100 discount.

after that, comparing the options from the site to here, the prices are the same, except that through this group buy you get flat inserts ($25) and the contrasting double color stitching ($20) for free, plus the seat heaters for $89 instead of $99.

so normal kit savings are $145 per kit, if you want seat heaters you save $10 per seat.
You're not understanding me. The website is cheaper for a variant no matter what. Here's my cart and that's WITH a 2-tone. I'm not seeing a charge got "premium leather". I can go all the way to the credit card info page and the price stays the same. Maybe my math is off but the $730 shipped I get from the web site is less than the $799 GB price, which doesn't include shipping. I also don't like that I'll lose my OEM seat heaters unless I pay an extra $180.
Your Car:
2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon

Leather Interior Kits
Selected options for: Leather Interior Kits
Type of seats in the front of your vehicle:
Seat style: Gathered
Wrap Color: Charcoal (Leather)
Insert Color: Lt. Grey (Leather) (add $30)
Two-tone style: Two-Tone Inserts
Total cost of options: $30.00
$709.00​
$709.00
Make any changes above?​
Subtotal:​
$709.00​
* Tax (Oklahoma):​
$0.00​
UPS Ground UPS 2nd Day Air UPS Next Day Saver
Note: All custom built orders will take between
6 and 10 working days to ship out. Shipping:
$30.00​
Total:
$739.00

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you can go all the way to the checkout for the wagon kits with that total, yes, but no matter what they will not sell a wagon kit unless it's in the premium configuration. no way around it. theyre not going to take a $120 loss on a kit through the website. they have 4 different levels of leather content: 100% vinyl, deluxe, premium (more leather than deluxe), and 100% leather. what you'll see through the website is the bare minimum pricing level per application (for passats it's deluxe, which is why you see the $679 base pricing)

as for the junkyard comment, i was watching an auction you were bidding on for katzkin covers purplezr2, why bother bidding when you could get them from a junkyard? :p

besides, this is for any color you want. for someone wanting to do a custom interior this is a great deal. ive been quoted from 3 places over $4k for a custom retrim.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
you can go all the way to the checkout for the wagon kits with that total, yes, but no matter what they will not sell a wagon kit unless it's in the premium configuration. no way around it. theyre not going to take a $120 loss on a kit through the website. they have 4 different levels of leather content: 100% vinyl, deluxe, premium (more leather than deluxe), and 100% leather. what you'll see through the website is the bare minimum pricing level per application (for passats it's deluxe, which is why you see the $679 base pricing) great deal. ive been quoted from 3 places over $4k for a custom retrim
I'm pretty sure the premium content was included when I was on the site. You should head over and try it. I'd love to do the GB but if it's cheaper on the site, it's cheaper at the site.

·
Registered
11,874 Posts
Kinda comparing apples to oranges. old junkyard seats vs new leather covers.

You might get lucky and the dismatler might have removed the seats and properly stored them in a clean and dry place (but I doubt it). Most likely been sitting in the car collecting mold and critters

The part I don't like is that I'm not sure the "heat system" is compatible with OEM switches and cabling
I disagree, but then again I got a seat of fuel power heated fronts for 100 dollars and go to pull them from a new wreck that had not cab damage.

Also if you go through someone like LKQ online auctions, they pull and store them in there warehouse, and are in good condition almost all the time.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LKQ sent me a friggin filthy set of seats

quality - the price online is starting at the $679 deluxe kit, even if you select the wagon setup. feel free to contact them about it, they made it a point several times that the wagons were only available in the premium upgrade

1 - 20 of 21 Posts