Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
r3awak3n said:
It will play dvds but u need a separate dvd player, this is just a dvd receiver. Its a very sweet screen but even with the discount its still overpriced!
HUH? If it plays dvds you DON'T need a separate dvd player. It will also play cds, mp3s and has a built in am/fm tuner. It's an all in one unit and is NOT overpriced. Alpine mobile video products are a LOT more expensive. My IVA-C801 was $1800 retail when it came out and all it does is am.fm/cd. This Kenwood unit does a LOT more for a LOT less.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Kenwood HU's

I have the very first Kenwood In-Dash video HU (VZ something) with only a CD-player installed in my B5. I have a small portable DVD player that I installed in my glove box.

I'm looking for another system that can be installed in a 2004 Jetta. Will this Kenwood fit in the space where the radio & single CD-player is sitting now?

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not sure about what size the opening is in the Jettas. Paul, is it a double din?
Anyways, r3awak3n, WTF mate? Just as quality_sound said, the Kenwood is an all in one unit. It plays DVD/CD/MP3/AM/FM/AND Sirius ready which Im including the tuner for Sirius! If you think my discount price is "overrated" fine, but do a little research on it before you knock it!

·
Registered
745 Posts
dublife said:
I am not sure about what size the opening is in the Jettas. Paul, is it a double din?
Anyways, r3awak3n, WTF mate? Just as quality_sound said, the Kenwood is an all in one unit. It plays DVD/CD/MP3/AM/FM/AND Sirius ready which Im including the tuner for Sirius! If you think my discount price is "overrated" fine, but do a little research on it before you knock it!
My bad guys.... I thought it was another product.
dublife, i am not sayin ur price is overrated... I was sayin it was expensive just like any quality car dvd player is (i expressed myself wrong there)... Seeing that it plays dvds and its not just a screen justifies its price much better and the fact that u doin the discount is awesome.
i am sorry it was my mistake. i wish i had that kinda money and could buy one of these.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What about $1299, that includes the antenna which I believe Crutchfield is charging for? Would I sell them then?
It doesnt seem that many are interested.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am gunna possibly sell my mp3 cd player to a friend to by an flip up screen that would play am/fm cds mp3 cds and dvd... what would you guys think is my best bet.. with out a crazy price.

sorry for minor Hijacking no disrespect

1 - 14 of 14 Posts