Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I haven't been attending to this for a while, I still need to workout spring revision with manufacturer. I apologize for the delay. I will circle back to him this week and get a new spring design produced for testing. Those with the kits already will get the testing springs so I have a larger sample set in different conditions. If they work as designed, then I will resume shipping the kits right away.

:wrench:

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Almost ready to circle back to the spring redesign, then I will be able to supply more of the kits. I have plenty of hardware, just need to get a spring design that will stand up under tension 98% of the time.

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Update for everyone —

Since the Audi OE springs I sourced for prototyping this mod worked well initially (but are too expensive to use in kit,) I have ordered a fresh pair to have tested for pre-load specs before they are stretched out during installation. They should arrive in the next week or so, so I will be getting back on the spring redesign soon after.

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Keith, any progress with the new spring redesign/rates?
Oh, you got me.

I suppose I have to get on that first...

Jammed the arch in my right foot last night. Not going to be ambulatory for a week or so, but spring cleaning is around the corner. I think some neighbors and I are getting a dumpster, and I am going to reclaim my workshop from the clutter of all my Betty/Sabine/Pia projects and set back to work on springs and LED tails. If you saw my workspace, you might understand why I haven't really been innovating anything this winter. Time to clean house!

·
Super Moderator
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I have decided to start shipping these again, without the Audi springs, which you will have to source on your own. The springs I had made are not up to snuff, and I don't have enough resources to get them prototyped again, at least not until I sell on a few of these at a discounted price.

Sooo... I'll sell these hardware only kits for $75, brushed, assembled and shipped USPS to your door. All you need to do is install with a pair of Audi springs, which are $35 each IIRC. The Audi springs work very well.

Attaching springs to armatures will require two 10mm wrenches. The installation of the kit in your B5/5.5 Passat will require a center punch, an 8mm drill bit, a large flat blade screwdriver, and a 14mm socket wrench.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts