Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys and girls. I have spoken to john over at 42. If we can get 10 or more interested parties we can get a price of $28.50/each. I believe this will include shipping. Apparently they have had issues in the past with group buys in the past, so if we get the 10 interested parties I'll get the funds set up to a PayPal account and will also need YOUR shipping address. I won't need or want that until all the details have been ironed out. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know. CLICK HERE

Matt :taz:Sent from my RAZR

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kinda hard to believe more people don't need one of these. I've seen people all over here getting exhausts, or test pipes or whatever. Here's the list so far.

2k21.8t
Newman'sown
Radhoo

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Correct me if I am wrong, but I need 2 for my 2.8L, right?
AFAIK you only need 1, Post cat. The rear oxygen sensor, is there to monitor the performance of the catalytic converter; part of the emissions control system. It feeds a specific range of analog values to the ECU. Looking at some older posts, it appear the 2.8 does have 2 cats. So yes, you would be wise to order 2. My apologies. Thanks for correcting me. I found the information in this thread. First post.

Matt :taz:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sure there are more people that need one. The quicker we get the 10, the faster you guy can get your spacers to put on the car ;)

Matt:taz:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Matt, what is the purpose of the o2 spacer for? is this to I hope resolve and issue with the cel light coming on for P2098 code? Please advise.
thedogs04passat.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Matt, what is the purpose of the o2 spacer for? is this to I hope resolve and issue with the cel light coming on for P2098 code? Please advise.
thedogs04passat.
Here is what the website from 42 has to say. You can also check the link in the OP for the same info.

When an aftermarket high-flow catalytic converter is used on a late model car its common to see a CEL (Check Engine Light) come and go. This CEL is usually backed by a fault code that indicates a failed cat. If your new cat is NEW, how could it have failed? Behind the scenes, the factory ECU is comparing the readings from a pair of oxygen sensors to measure the effectiveness of the cat. When a high-flow cat is used the exhaust gases are able to pass by the cat at a much faster rate, disrupting the readings. Our o2 sensor spacer retracts the second oxygen sensor from the direct flow of gases, restoring the balance that the ECU requires when using a high-flow cat.

Our O2 Sensor Spacer is CNC machined from cold roll steel & grade 8.8 metric hardware. After assembly, our spacer undergoes a zinc dichromate plating process which protects the spacer from corrosion. Installation is plug & play. Simply thread in our spacer, thread in the rear o2 sensor, and lock the spacer at the desired angle.

Strictly for use with a 49 state legal aftermarket high-flow catalytic converter such as the Magnaflow catalytic converter used exclusively in our exhaust systems.
This product is not intended to and will not provide emissions compliance.
Emissions laws vary by state. Check local and federal laws before modifying your exhaust system.
Emissions compliance is the sole responsibility of the vehicles owner.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys,

Here's the list again, it hasn't changed. Dogs, would you be interested in one? I didn't know where to put it on "the other site." Many of you know where this is, so I did try and put it out over there.

Updated list.
2k21.8t
Newman'sown
Radhoo
Rathroe
Carlpb (2)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Put me down for 2.

Also when you get up to 10 people can you PM me in case I forget about this thread?
Will do. After I get the 10 I will be getting everyone's shipping address. John will be shipping out the spacer to each individual address. Should make it a bit easier in that aspect.

New list:
2k21.8t
newman'sown
radhoo
rathroe
carlpb(2)
resonnatorr(2)

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
I have a feeling 4 weeks after the order is placed and the parts are shipped, someone is going to post in this thread asking if they can still get in on the deal.

If you're on the fence or think your future build level is going to need one of these... jump in while it's still active.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I have just learned that the spacers are sold in pairs. Meaning that for one "order" you get two spacers. I'm not sure what you would need the other spacer for (unless you're a v6 owner). Either way, we will still need the 10 buyers, or buy a total of 10 spacers. If you know anyone on the other forums, or are a member there, please feel free to post there, that way we can possibly get the required 10. Newman - I'm pretty sure you're waiting for this to happen so you can get squared away. Any questions/comments etc ask away.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts