Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just cruisin down the highway when my CEL just went away...i've driven 65 miles since and it hasnt come back, i've pushed the car since and nothing yet so far *knock on wood* not sure what happend but yeah...NO CEL. wtffffffffff :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the only thing i've done to my car today before i hit the high way was wash it, clean the intake filter and started polishing my intake mani :| then i drove it about 1 mile, got on the high way and it disapeared. PS OBD reader isn't picking anything up either

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
obd readers will not pick up anything, but a vag-com will find the code in the history.
obd readers are too general, and the vag-com knows where to look for the hidden codes.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wibble Wobble Vag-Com:bowdown::puke::poke:

So bored

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Mine goes off and on from my universal post-cat o2 sensor. It usually reacts to how I'm feeling that day.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Some CELs will reset after a certain number of miles with no fault. I think it's 50 miles, but not sure. Other times depending on the fault, if you start the engine a certain number of times without a returning fault the CEL will shut off. But as everyone has said, on the Passat the illuminated CEL is a feature!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ever since my CEL went away my car seems abit more responsive :D, regaurdless of CEL or not the passat is like me, Stubborn and does what it wants, when it wants

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cel

Don't know if this has been thrown out there yet (I didn't see it), but if you didn't get your gas cap screwed down with several clicks, it will trip the CEL. Usually, it will take until your next fill up and 1/4 to 1/2 tank of gas to get the dang thing to turn off.

just my $.02

·
WF16 Champion and Argumentative Wanker
9,018 Posts
That's the first "problem solver" that a shop will tell you. You can always fix it by opening you gas cap, pushing the metal stop piece open and venting some gases, then putting it back on til it clicks. It's rarely the problem, however. You have something else, like a solenoid that will set off your CEL randomly and then shut it off once ignored and not cleared for awhile...it's only stored, not fixed. ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
well its been nice not having a CEL but i miss the bugger....so i bought a 2.25" test pipe :D it goes on once it warms up ;). hello CEL. looking foward to abit more of a beefy tone

Update: i just got done getting the car washed and right when i pulled into the wash the CEL came on, i think it just threw a code for "Car Wash"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts