Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shortly after getting my passat, I noticed little spots on the hood. Upon further inspection I came to realize they were spots of rust. Anyone know the best way to get rid of these?

I'm assuming I'll have to get touch up paint, but I'm worried about matching the color. Someone told me I can use the VIN to get the exact color. How do go about doing that?

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,310 Posts
Actually, if you look where your spare tire is under your trunk lining, you will be able to acurately obtain the correct paint "code" for your specific car. Just take that to the dealer and get a little bottle of your paint.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
How many miles on the car, could it just be rail dust? Maybe a good clay bar would take care of it for you...

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Yeah, I mean if it's a B5, isn't the warranty 12 years on the paint? Not that it couldn't happen in the right circumstances...

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
cubedten said:
Well I bought the car with 40K miles on it. Does the warranty transfer over?
Not sure on the paint, it usually gets cut in half for mechanical on previous-owned B5s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.