Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ACEEE Ranks Diesel Touareg "Meanest" for Environment

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4229825/

Obviously, a V10 diesel is going to emit quite a bit of pollution, but I hope we're not forced to drive the cars on the "greenest" list any time soon.

I think the entire rating was based on the type of exhaust a diesel emits. It smoked everything else on the list in terms of gas mileage. Especially the 9MPG HIGHWAY you get from a Murcielago. :D

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Re: ACEEE Ranks Diesel Touareg "Meanest" for Environment

MakH said:
Obviously, a V10 diesel is going to emit quite a bit of pollution, but I hope we're not forced to drive the cars on the "greenest" list any time soon.

I think the entire rating was based on the type of exhaust a diesel emits. It smoked everything else on the list in terms of gas mileage. Especially the 9MPG HIGHWAY you get from a Murcielago. :D
Why not ? other car manufacturers have caught onto to this already.

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=69460

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
[qoute]"It's the choices we make in buying cars and trucks that determine how clean the air is, and how dependent we are on Middle East oil," [/qoute]

Environment wacko speak

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
veedubyo said:
[qoute]"It's the choices we make in buying cars and trucks that determine how clean the air is, and how dependent we are on Middle East oil," [/qoute]

Environment wacko speak
How is that wacko??

If everyone in America drove 5 mpg 1975 1 Ton Chevy pickup trucks, you don't think we'd need a bit more oil from overseas??

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
veedubyo said:

Environment wacko speak
Compare the two statements above. Which one makes sense???

Hey, I get 70 mpg driving to work everyday. Can you guess what my other car is????

Signed: the "wacko"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts