Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since my ignition switch got replaced now my ac runs constantly, whether ac button is pushed in or not. as soon as I turn temp knob to cold it is done. anyone know what I should check? Tia

Nick

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Do you have the defrost switch to Defrost? If so your car always has the AC on when it is warm enough outside. If it is set to the floor or to vent then I can't help you.

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No doesn't matter about what vents. see I used to have to turn on the ac switch for cold air and the Button would light up when I turn ac on, now if I just turn temperature switch from hot to cold with the blower on it is instantly cold like I have had the ac on the entire time. even when the ac button is not lit. now when I push ac button while temperature knob is at cold the buttton still lights up, It just does not get any colder, and when I used to turn it on the engine idle would react to the ac now when i push it and it lights up no change in idle. plus when i got to work at 5:45 am the other day there was a puddle of condensate coming out from underneath my car, even though I was using the heater the whole way down :shock: so basically my ac is always on :suspicio:.

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well today it started working normal for a few minutes, but then went into always ac all the time mode :lol:. must be a switch gone bad or a fuse. I will get it eventually 8)

thanks for the bump.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts