Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, as since 2 days ago, I have been getting the "ABS + BRAKE" warning costantly. I think it may be the ABS control module that died. But I can not be sure until I take it in to have dealer code it.

Anybody know if ABS is part of the powertrain warranty? Because I am well within 10 yrs but I am fast approaching 100k.

Thanks.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crap, that means option 1 is out.

Does this mean that my ABS control module is bad or is it something else? Anyone nearby with a VAG-COM who can check for me? I am willing to pay for your trouble. Beats going to the stealership.

I want to make sure before I do that re-built ABS module and have 5 year warranty thingy. That will cost me $250 + labor + brake flush. I just want to make sure.

·
Registered
773 Posts
No it is not covered by the 100k Warranty. It is expensive ($$$$) but if you do search you may find posts with similar issues. I have seen people by remanufactured ABS modules to fix this problem. That ways its cheaper.

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,432 Posts
The ABS module is definitely not covered under the powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I am getting it Vag Com'd tomorrow. If it is indeed the Bosch 5.3 control module that is acting up, I will send it to be rebuild.

Thanks for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts