·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I'm really liking that garage set-up.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Thank you Andreas. Definitely better than laying on ground
I here that. I'm originally from WI. Laying on that cold hard garage slab has taken it's toll over the years. Many a lung infections have resulted from laying on the ground during the harsh winter months. Just moved down here to Phoenix 2 years ago and hopefully, if everything goes as planned, I'll be in a house before years end. Doing the apartment thing now. What a drag that is.
The first thing I'm buying for the garage is a lift. Already have all the funds set aside for the 'creature comforts' required for a proper garage.

My 3 cars that I have right now are being held together with bubble gum, chicken wire and duct tape. I'm just barely able to keep them on the road. Right now the thought of working on a car is just a burden. I'm sure my desire to maintain things will change when I got into a house and have the ability to do things with greater ease.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Wish I could pick up and go someplace warm like AZ but have to much invested in this place so will probably be here till I drop dead. Me and a friend are planning to take my motorcycle out there this spring, never been west with exception of Vegas once. I got this lift about 15 years ago out of MA, think it was less than 3K new. Only issue is the bay it’s in has low ceiling so I had to take about 10” off it. I’m 6’2” so I can’t stand up straight if I have a truck or SUV on it, cars are no problem. Good luck with the house.

·
Registered
87 Posts
forgot to ask, since you’re called “ twowagens” assume you have VW wagon. Just discovered that the rear wiper doesn’t work so before I dive in to that do you know of any common issues? Do hear it make whining noise for few seconds when car ignition turned on, makes same noise when I turn wiper switch on. Thanks
Not sure about the rear wiper.
The “twowagens” came from having 2004 and 2005 wagons. The 04 is now in Columbus, Ohio, property of our younger son. My wife got a Golf SportWagen in 2016 to replace it. The 05 is now on lighter duty, got a Tiguan a few weeks ago. Didn’t want to sell the 05, so we have three....

61 - 65 of 65 Posts