Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Problem :D two weeks ago ESP and ABS turn on. everything is working, VCDS say BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH, i've change the switch and code came again.
I've see that people already talk about this problem on B5, B5.5 and some AUDI model.
Did someone solve this problem? Can someone get some advice where to start checking?
I've see that someone suggest just to ignore lights.. yes it's true that don't have problem with brakes, rear break lights also work .. but i can't look anymore in that lights (esp&abs)

20190304_193822.jpg

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Before scanning the ABS module with VCDS, are you pressing on the brake pedal once while ignition is ON? Also be sure that all brake light bulbs are in their correct sockets and are the correct type. If the switch turns on the brake lights unintentionally while driving, the ESP/ABS lights might result.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i didn't press the brake pedal when ignition is on.. i will try with pressing. Should I press one time only or more ?
I'm pretty sure that brake switch doesn't move during drive.
I will also check light bulbs.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Yes, after turning on the ignition, prior to using VCDS to retrieve codes from the ABS module, give the pedal a single push. You say that the brake switch is new; check how much pedal movement is required to turn the brake lights on. If it is too touchy, road bounce might cause it to make unintended contact.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I try today with pressing the brake pedal and there is now difference.
Today when I came from work new code appear 01435 - Brake pressure sensor 1(G201)
35-10- Intermittent. ? , after clearing codes and moving car 1-3 m fwd and back 00526 and pressing the pedal brake switch came again ??
Anybody had this symptoms?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts