Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have a Passat 2002 Highline, it started with the gearbox, one day its started to lock in 2nd gear and all the lamps PNDR234 was lit up in red, and the car was nearly dead, woudnt move, i think it was locked in 2nd gear, when that happend i turned it off and tried to start it again, then.. from P to D it shift very hard, the whole car moves when it shift P to D, but from D to R and R to D its very smooth.
Now, i took it to a workshop and they gave me a code on the diagnostic that says Fault Code: 18034, itried to replace the ETC under the carpet on the passenger seat where it was alot of water. :banghead:
Now, we tried to delete the code, the car was very good for like 1km, then it started again, and after that i couldnt delete them anymore, what is the problem here? Anyone know?

And, over to the lamps, the second time we tried to delete the codes, the ABS, ESP and Airbag lamps lit up, now, the PNDR234 wont show in the dash anymore, its kinda weird, i dont really know anymore.
I hope you mabye have been in the same position and can help me or if you have heard of someone that have been there, i really dont know anymore.
I saw people here was talking about a Multifunction Switch, mabye it can be this? or a Printcard under the shifter? I really dont what it could be, i've been through the wires and they seems okay, so..

Thanks for all help. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Locate and fix source of water ingress first.

Battery negative should be disconnected before working on the wiring.

WATER INGRESS AND SOLUTIONS
The TCM is in the Passenger side R, and the CCM is in the driver side L.
It looks like you have a problem with the floor harnesses and grounds or the CCM/TCM.
I suggest you completely unwrap all of the CCM/TCM harnesses and pull the wires apart to find the splices, any corroded splices need to be cut back, soldered, and covered with marine grade heat shrink tubing. Also check ground connections (1 on floor and on "A" Pillar), and check CCM/TCM and "A" Pillar connectors.

Have a good look at these links, before you start.

NOTE: The car in this DIY is UK RHD, this doesn’t matter, the CCM is always on LHS.
VW Passat CCM harness repair | HeadFUZZ

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/61-b5-information-base/230249-water-ingress-solutions.html

After you get all this sorted, you can start looking into the transmission problem if it still exists.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts