Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my abs control module is shot. I have no abs on my car and have my abs light on as well as a blinking brake light. I was wondering if you could take a working control module off a junk car and just interchange them? Or is there coding involved with getting a new one. Also how trustworthy are websites that have you send in the module

·
Registered
215 Posts
When mine went bad, I got one from a salvage yard. Been working for over a year now.
Some units need programming, some don't.

This site - CHEAP ABS Module Repair for Audi - has gone out of business, but at least you can use their info to determine if your old one needed programming. Mine didn't so I just found one that also didn't.

Whether or not if you replace one needing programming with one that doesn't and it will function - that I don't know.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sam,
I just removed mine from my 2005 1.8t with ESP and sent it to ModuleMaster in Moscow, Idaho. I can let you know how it goes upon reinstallation.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sam,
I just removed mine from my 2005 1.8t with ESP and sent it to ModuleMaster in Moscow, Idaho. I can let you know how it goes upon reinstallation.
Sam,

Finished up installing the rebuilt module, the ABS and traction control lights are now off! So far so good, no coding with VCDS.....!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts