Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Alll,

Does anyone have a diagram or know the route to go to find the wires for the passenger side ABS/Brake Pad Sensors?

My boot tore off and took the pigtaill with connectors with it.. ( A new ABS sensor mind you)

Not sure how much of the car side wires were ripped out.

My best guess is I'll need to remove the glove box and go from there.

Service manual doesn't clearly show it.

Le sigh!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
With the plastic fender (wheel well) liner removed, the supply wire(s) for the ABS and brake pad wear sensor are at the upper backside of the wheel well.

Wire connector at red arrow.

Picture is of passengers side.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the plastic fender (wheel well) liner removed, the supply wire(s) for the ABS and brake pad wear sensor are at the upper backside of the wheel well.

Wire connector at red arrow.

Picture is of passengers side.

View attachment 103459
yeah those are gone lol that is what was ripped out. I need to find out their route from that point inwards.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
You can "read between the lines" in the Bentley manual schematics.

I guessed your car might be 2000 or newer and front wheel drive, thus Schematic 53.

So, look at the right-front ABS sensor G45 on schematic 53/3. There's connector T2b in the wheel well (as in Andreas' picture), then no more connectors until T31 at the ABS module. That tells me that the same harness extends from the ABS to the wheel well, so it probably doesn't go inside the car. (If perchance it does, you can access it from the kick panel in front of the passenger door.)

The brake wear sensors are on schematic 53/6. It shows no connectors between the left and right sensors. If you just want to disable those sensors (so the light goes out), connect the wire in T10f/5 (blue connector, left A-pillar, beside driver's foot) to ground.

I hope that helps a little... no easy answers, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts