Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to debadge... Where can I get OEM "passat" emblem JIC?

I've got the Passat emblem, which is flaking like crazy... I also have a 20V and the turbo emblem... my trunk is a depot for emblems.

I'm going to try debadging, but where can I purchase the stock passat emblem just in case I want to replace it? Any info would be great.

Mike

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
can't you respray the plastichrome? or is it cheaper to get all new?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Has anyone resprayed the Passat badge a gloss black. I'd like to see that...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
99blackmagic said:
can't you respray the plastichrome? or is it cheaper to get all new?
I would, but it's flaking pretty bad... plus I'd have to remove the badge to spray it effectively. I'd rather just buy a new one so it's all shiny and new-like... just like my new grill and front bumper replaced due to an accident.. *cough*

·
Registered
163 Posts
Rubber, can you shoot a picture of your emblems on the car, was wondering what you meant on the flaking, also wanted to see how the 20V T and TURBO emblems looked like. Thanks if you can !

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would, but I debadged on a whim last night, and I never shot any pics.

To be honest with you, I never thought it looked right with the "turbo" logo underneath the 20V... the 20V with the red V looked great alone.. I'll probably put that one back on (once I get some double-sided tape...) I think the "turbo" would look good on a B5.5... with the "turbo" underneath the lip (like a 4motion emblem)

My car looks too plain debadged... I'm going to try to order a stock passat logo and start from there.... I still can't find one though.

Mike

VW2003 said:
Rubber, can you shoot a picture of your emblems on the car, was wondering what you meant on the flaking, also wanted to see how the 20V T and TURBO emblems looked like. Thanks if you can !

·
Registered
445 Posts
How does Toyota and Lexus make their "black peral" badges? I think those look badass, and would do that if someone knew how
Its actually plated. The gold is the same thing, plated. You can get this done after you drive of the lot. A lot of mobile detailers do it as well as dealers. Just have to ask. They do it right on the car. Hook up this little thingamabob and lay it on. Its easy and quick. Better than any paint.

·
Registered
64 Posts
On the subject of badges -- I opted simply to add the 1.8 T badge, out of respect for the engine. The 20V badge would have been a lot more unique, and I wondered about going with the italicized 'turbo' badge used on the Beetle. (Any opinions on the latter on a Passat?) Just curious, because I'll probably stick with what I've got (1.8T).

·
Registered
871 Posts
I debagged, the placed the "20VT"(red T) on the lower right of trunk centered between plate and edge of truck lid. (like the Maxima) Don't have pics though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
TLJR20v
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing