Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
It depends...but you can test it by pulling out the DV every now and again, and push down on the spring inside. It should be firm enough so that you need to push down pretty hard to release the valve. If you find that you can push the spring down easily, it'll need to be replaced.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will they last months or years? I've put over 20k on the car since chipped with the TT DV. The car kinda surges and doesn't seem to be as fast.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
There is no set time for them to last. With a chip life is reduced on the DV. I have used the TT on my Up chipped Passat and I have replaced mine 3 times in just under 4 years.

If it's a big concern spend the bucks for an aftermarket. Larger upfront cost, but most are lifetime guaranteed and are rebuildable. But you need to be willing to part with ~$150. I'm sure someone will point out my figure is inaccurate but to that I say :poke:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gietl said:
There is no set time for them to last. With a chip life is reduced on the DV. I have used the TT on my Up chipped Passat and I have replaced mine 3 times in just under 4 years.

If it's a big concern spend the bucks for an aftermarket. Larger upfront cost, but most are lifetime guaranteed and are rebuildable. But you need to be willing to part with ~$150. I'm sure someone will point out my figure is inaccurate but to that I say :poke:
I just saw the GB on Forged 007. I'm in!

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Sweet! I was going to do it until I bought my A6. Just when i was ready to foot the bill. Now I have two DVs in the Audi so I had to hold off and replaced the ones in the A6 with teh TTs. When they go, I'm going aftermarket ;).

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I've had TT DV installed for almost 25K miles with Wett 1.1+ bar, Brullen Catback Exhaust, and N75-J valve.

It is still running strong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts