Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would an A6 all-motion capatible exhaust fit a late-model 4motion...both Milltek and APR offer one...at least one person here has used a modified RS6/A6 exhaust on their 4motion...

Thanks..

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Anything is possible, but depending on what year A6, it could be more difficult than you anticipated. First off, if you want to use the 2002+ A6Q exhaust, you'll need to cut your rear lower valence or see if you can get a W8 rear lower valence. Also, you'll need to verify if the manifolds for the 3.0 can bolt onto the 2.8 (I'm not sure). If you want to use an exhaust made for an A6 previous to 2002, it'll be easier, but you'll still need to make modifications as the A6 has a longer wheelbase and longer overall length. There are a few manufacturers that make exhausts specifically for the Passat 4-Motion. If you do a search, you should be able to find them. Good luck! :thumbup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was aware of the valence issue...I've done some searching for the 4-motion, and the only thing I've come up with for a full cat-back system is Supersprint and, perhaps Brullen...I say perhaps because I thought I read that Brullen were no longer making them...

and, bear with this newbie question, but are the manifolds involved in only a cat-back system?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I was part of the Brullen group buy. I never could get them to make mine back in Nov. It was nearly impossible to get ahold of anyone there. The first time I wanted to check on the status of the system being built (after 10 calls previous calls with no answer) I find out they charged my CC for someone elses system. That was taken care of with no problems.

The second time I was able to reach someone to check on the status the guy said he couldn't make dual exhaust on both sides because it wouldn't fit. He promised to check something and call me back within 30 minutes. Never happened and I just got tired of pursuing it.

Now I have no doubt they could have made the single exhaust tip on both sides, and I know there are many satisfied customers on the board here. I just found them difficult to deal with. I want to get something soon, probably not Brullen.

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Not a clean car but...
Supersprint for A6 V6 2.8, Quattro, rear mufflers+resonator (X-pipe), direct bolt.Myself I modified a bit to move mufflers further under the car and a bit higher (closer to valance)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
Nenad
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing