Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get either the S4 wheels or the A4 wheels for my car. Does anyone know the weight difference between these two wheels? I want a better "look" and better handling for my car but I don't want to sacrifice too much gas mileage. Which do you guys perfer?

Another question: Are the stock rims for the A4 16" or 17" for the 5 star?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yes with tires, however you'll need 1 new one. The rims have Potenza RE730's on them, with at least enough tread for summer, however I had 1 tire with a hole in the sidewall, and I have a Pirelli P6000 on that one rim (and an RE-040 on the spare) so you'd need to find a used RE730 or buy a new one, that and the shipping are the only real drawbacks. Wheels have never been curbed etc. they have some small paint chips from road sand etc. Nothing out of the norm for a set of rims with 25K on them though, actually, I think they are in great shape!

Rian

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I like the S4 wheels, but i got the A4's :lol:
here are some pics for you

·
Registered
580 Posts
I like BOTH of the wheels :lol: I use the stock Avus wheels for my winter tires, and aftermarket for my summer tires... I dunno which ones I like better as far as looks :shock: My brother has the A4 sport wheels on his Passat, I like the way those look too.

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
one more vote for A4

·
Registered
203 Posts
i guess i just am going against the grain. but i personally love the S4 wheels. hey im just 18 what do i know? haha but i dont really care what the popular vote is. everyone should have their own tastes

·
Registered
593 Posts
------TJ------ said:
S4 wheels look amazing , but they are 29lbs rim alone (quoted from S4 forum on audiworld) :nervous: IN A 17!! add a tire to that and your over 50lbs in a 17 diameter...

If I am going to have that much weight, 18 has got to be the minimum..

Personal opinion..no flames please :wink:

TJ
27lbs, not 29. Not that 27 isn't heavy enough.....

I love how people get all pent up on wheel weight, and then buy the heaviest tires on the market though.. (S03's)
Rian

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
16 Participants
Rian_Colorado
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing