Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
you're already posting pictures, what a great start. Welcome to the club, I see you're somewhat local. What engine do you have? Where you start depends on your personal preference as to what mod's you want to do. If you want a sport suspension, that would be a great start. Check out the classifieds also to get great deals on items people no longer want. You'll come to find that threads on people parting out their B5's quickly build up a high post count.

·
Registered
283 Posts
De-badging the rear also gives a nice smooth look. Tinted windows and taillights would look nice on a white car also.

How much do you want to spend ?

It's only fair to warn you that once you start modifying your car you will probably never stop.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Welcome to the club and congratulations on getting a Passat! :thumbup:
A suspension and wheel upgrade will dramatically improve the way the car drives and looks - tinted windows and taillights will further improve the looks.
You already mentioned a grille, corners, and front end - you might also consider painting the lowers (the black plastic around the bottom of the car); it won't even look like the same car afterward!

Have fun with it!! :cool:

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
If you search for hwmike, his profile has pics of his white b5, but it looks badass. Suspension are the parts that hold the car up, you can see the springs and shocks behind the wheels. H&R Sport springs and Bilstein Sport shocks are the next best thing to coilovers, but if you live in NoVa, might not be the best choice, H&R OE sports would probably do you better.
this is my whip with the H&R sports and Bilsteins and med dark tinted tails from Jonboy-

As for tint, do all around 50%, if you do the rears 35 and the fronts 50, they won't look that good from what I've seen around here. Richmond 'Dubs is ok but the board have gotten out of hand today, and Homegrown would be closer to you anyway.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
"Oh and, what's a suspension?"

Damn it! You were so close to being my dream girl! :p :cry:

Edit:
Here's a link to some delicious Candy White's. Prepare to pick your mouth up off the floor. :thumbup:

Deliciousness HERE

Edit, again: Damn, i copied the link on page two of the post :banghead:
Justclick on the "1" to see 'em all. Sorry :whistle:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Misspassati meet passatworld, passatworld, MissPassati = comence the leg humping.

Wheres the leg humping icon when you need it most? :)

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
O22Ripper said:
Misspassati meet passatworld, passatworld, MissPassati = comence the leg humping.

Wheres the leg humping icon when you need it most? :)
I'm shocked nobody has asked for HER picture yet! You young whippersnappers (anyone younger than 30) are getting careless. :poke:

·
Registered
24 Posts
welcome

Oh a clean canvas! Nice. We put an Eibach suspension kit on first, picked out rims (our bolt pattern was a bit tricky), picked out tires and then had it tinted. We are definatly not "done". Kinda like a house...it's never "done". Good luck.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
From my (and a healthy dose of other CB5ers) experience, the Eibach PS is overrated and gives horrible stances to the B5.5

And as for you Mr. VW Ob5ession, some of the whippersnappers happen to be a bit more gentlemanly...

So how 'bout that pic MissPassati? ;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts