Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Rogue Assassin
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AJChenMPH said:
They're in talks. Yanks need another 3B after Boone f***ed his knee up in that basketball game. I used to think Soriano was a great player, but that was before (I think) the success got to his head. He didn't do jack at the plate in last year's World Series.

Andy
Apparently, it's beyond "talks." It's a done deal, pending approval of the commisioner's office and the union. And since there's minimal or no restructuring of the contract involved, the only thing that could derail this would be Selig voiding the trade for "not being in the best interests of major league baseball;" something he doesn't have the balls to do.

And forget Soriano. Until he learns to lay off curves in the dirt, he'll be an easy out for any halfway-intelligent pitcher. His terrible lack of discipline was exposed for all to see last post-season.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
julianfang said:
you know, love them or hate them, the yanks are the most interesting to watch, ESPECIALLY in the offseason.

Go yanks.
Nothing beats watching the most expensive team in baseball lose to an expansion team from Florida who "had no chance." I can't complain too much though, since the Red Sox payroll is getting up there. Nevertheless, it's great to have Pedro and Schilling on the same team. One guy who body-slammed Zimmer and another who destroyed the Yankees twice in the 2001 series. As a Boston fan, I love it.

Since I'm from Philly though, I'm looking forward to a solid season from the Phillies. The new stadium is beautiful.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
boy...what a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal surprise.

ok, so he's going to the Yankees and yes, I hate the MFYs. Life goes on and hopefully their pitching staff (definitely a big unknown) falters huge.

But let's talk about Mr. Hicks and the Rangers. That guy is a class-leading asshole. So what about his comments after the Sox/A-Rod talks fell through. Anybody remember Hicks saying how A-Rod would be their captain? Didn't he send a letter out to all his season ticket holders? I hope everybody boycotts them because of their owner's actions.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Medrosje said:
But let's talk about Mr. Hicks and the Rangers. That guy is a class-leading asshole. So what about his comments after the Sox/A-Rod talks fell through. Anybody remember Hicks saying how A-Rod would be their captain? Didn't he send a letter out to all his season ticket holders? I hope everybody boycotts them because of their owner's actions.
I gotta agree with you here. This guy talks out of both sides of his ass.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
jayme said:
best news ever

i hope this makes the whole city of boston cry

jayme
cry? kind of like you guys did when pettite and clemens signed with houston? or when wells signed with the padres? in all honesty, while yes this is HUGE for the yankees there are still lots of issues with your team, namely the defense. how much of an improvement at 3rd will A-Rod be? Who's at 2nd? It was a stretch to get A-Rod to Boston and frankly, while it may cost us our shortstop in the long-run, at least it didn't handicap the team for the forseeable future (like he did with Texas).

I think the crying will be the Yankees fans, front office, owner, city, etc. if this team can't walk away from the field, which ain't gonna be so easy in the AL and specifically, the AL East.

Trust us...we ain't crying!

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
jayme said:
best news ever

i hope this makes the whole city of boston cry

jayme
Kinda like those fans I saw outside of Fenway when they realized they had to clean the paint off the field...... again?

Seriously though, I'm sure the BoSox aren't crying (yet). But I'm also sure they aren't as comfy as they were before this deal. When the news was released, there was a collective "Oh shit" heard in the wind as millions of Boston Fans in Beantown gasped under their breath.

(No matter what Boston fans say, they have over a lifetime of history that needs to be re-written. Even if the BoSox win the series this year or the year after or the year after that, it must suck for SoSox fans to know that they'll never see the same track-record that the Yanks have accomplished in their lifetime.)

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
a lifetime of success as a Yankee and/or Yankees fan ain't worth the paper i flush down the toilet.

Boston Red Sox fan to the end. Whether our season ends April 5 or September or October.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Medrosje said:
a lifetime of success as a Yankee and/or Yankees fan ain't worth the paper i flush down the toilet.

Boston Red Sox fan to the end. Whether our season ends April 5 or September or October.
Well we got one thing in common... but I'm for the Yanks. But thanks for the great analogy! Now each time I wipe my ass I'll think of the RedSox.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
i must say...we always have some great cuts at each other in topics of Sox vs. Yankees. we should get together for a game sometime. that'd be a hoot, until one of us poured beer on the other.

here's to a really exciting, and lopsided, season in baseball. it couldn't come any sooner or start out with more hype and expectations.

that being said...no fair for claiming my analogy.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Hahahahaha....I was actually thinking the same thing! That would be a great GTG. All the NYC guys & the MA guys getting together for a few brews, pizza, and a lot of trash talking! We could meet in a neutral location like CT.

Here's to a good season of baseball! I can't wait for the summer to begin, I dunno about you... but winter blows. :beer:

·
Registered
52 Posts
i think people took me to literally (about crying),

i just meant that in boston EVERYTHING is the redsox, and i hope this upsets them, due to the fact that they were so close in getting him, and would have had to move a SS to aquire him. but since we are the yankees he would move to 3B and play (it hurts admit it).

clemens going to houston didnt hurt, petite did alot. wells eh, but atleast it was to all national league teams. (padres are the sleeper this year)

i loved soriano but soriano for a-rod is too good

jayme

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Joe this wouldn't be fair for the Boston people there is just to much to use against them. :poke: :lol: :wink: :D

But in all honesty this would be an awsome idea. :thumbup:

Hahahahaha....I was actually thinking the same thing! That would be a great GTG. All the NYC guys & the MA guys getting together for a few brews, pizza, and a lot of trash talking! We could meet in a neutral location like CT.
A-Rod trade article
Lets Go Yankees!

·
Registered
893 Posts
You guys can have him. :p

I was never behind his move to teh sox. It would mean losing Nomar AND Manny plus all thqat dough... not worth it in my oopinion.

And if Texas is willing to let him go AND pay so much money anyway... I suspect there is a reason.

Pedro and Schilling... :bow:

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Sporin said:
You guys can have him. :p

I was never behind his move to teh sox. It would mean losing Nomar AND Manny plus all thqat dough... not worth it in my oopinion.

And if Texas is willing to let him go AND pay so much money anyway... I suspect there is a reason.
Yeah the reason is the Yankees offered them a player in return that only makes close to 6 Million this year and has another year after this one before he becomes eligible for free agency. Plus A-rods contract was suffocating the Ranger franchise and why The Red Sox or Yankees were given a chance to pick him up, because they have the money to handle his contract.

But the Red Sox failed to complete the deal due to a lousy total of 12 Million dollars that they didn't want to pick up. This would have only been like an extra 2 Million a year. :crazy:

Gotta thank Red Sox management for this in addition to Aaron (Bleeping) Boone.:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts