Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is somewhat complicated. I want to compare cars... in terms of speed.

A 3.0 Audi A4 Quattro Automatic (3700 lb curb weight:???: :mad: :weirdo:) completely stock

A 2.8 V6 Passat automatic with some minor intake work and heat shielding.

A 1.8 T passat 5 speed with a chip, K&N, and exhaust

Which would be faster, in order from fastest to slowest. Also, what would adding an exhaust to the V6 passat do to the matchup.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
$0.02

chipped 1.8T would be fastest - sheer underweight + chipped torque around 250
A4 and V6 could be neck to neck.

Though A4 has 30 hp and 15 ftlbs more, it is 300 lbs heavier and quattro. The exhaust and intake on the v6 might help it slightly pull away from the A4.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YetAnother20V said:
$0.02

chipped 1.8T would be fastest - sheer underweight + chipped torque around 250
A4 and V6 could be neck to neck.

Though A4 has 30 hp and 15 ftlbs more, it is 300 lbs heavier and quattro. The exhaust and intake on the v6 might help it slightly pull away from the A4.
Thats what I figured... Thanks for your input :D

Any other takers?

·
Registered
628 Posts
I would say:

1. Modded 1.8T (Basiclly What I have now, except I have TIP!!)
2. A4 3.0
3. 2.8 V6

An A4 3.0 is no slouch!! That car moves!! Trust me I went up against what look to be a stock A4 3.0 wagon on I95N a couple of months ago with a buddy of mine (He was in his Mazda Speed Protege). Lets just say I know my car can easily do 130mph!! :shock: I could keep up with A4 but couldn't really pass him. At one point we were neck and neck. Had to back off because staties are all over the place on 95. 130mph speeding ticket wouldn't go over nicely with my insurance company. I think I could take the A4 easily know that I upgraded my exhaust.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha, I have a V6 already, just trying to settle an ongoing dispute that my friend has that he says he is going to "Smoke Me" in his A4... even though the cars power to weight is almost identical to a Passat :roll:. Mind you this is the same friend that totaled his other A4 1.8t after his 6th accident. :crazy:

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Get the super charger on your V6, there will not be any other argument in between yuo and your A4 buddy, i would not have a chance in hell :lol: . Other then that, i give it to the chipped 1.8T all the way :thumbup: .

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wapptor said:
What kind of A4 does he have now? I think you should reccomend a Volvo to him btw, if this is his 6th accident...
|

He had a 1.8t Dolphin Grey, now he has a 3.0 Dolphin Grey. Both Auto, both Quattro (which appearently is a must if you want to beat anyone in a race... although it increases drivetrain loss by about 15% :crazy:). To tell you the truth I don't even know why he is interested in racing after 6 accidents. After he totaled his car, a month later he was in another friends car, who slid it into the curb and flipped it, causing it to catch on fire. He isn't having much luck with safe driving :nervous:.

*Edit* for clarification, he wasn't driving during this 7th accident which totaled my other friends Volvo...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts