Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
This seems like a yearly thing. Clubb5 comes under an attempted coup from within. Each year, it is different and more fierce. Interesting stuff.

And it is always known those who contribute more, get more lead way when they lose it. And eventually everyone loses it. However, some feel rights were bestowed upon themselves having that large number to the left. And forget to realize, they are visitors. For that, they imminently will fall from grace.

"Viva Clubb5….Down with the revolution."

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Well, i must say that i have enjoyed Club :b5: ever since i found it over a year ago. I think the dedication and support that the Moderators have shown is unparalleled.

Just a quick quote. When Thanasi was on a trip, i ran into a problem with posting. I PMed Alex & boris that evening at 11:20pm, and when i checked it before going to work the very next morning, they both answered me and solved the problem. This is what you call dedication and proactivity.

Thanks again for such a great website full of dedicated and respect full members and moderators :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
It's good to see the rules actively enforced. This is by far the best forum I have frequented, or been a member of. I feel it's paramount to keep a level of expectation from members in order to keep this club growing in the same direction is already is. With choices like promoting Atomicalex to assistant administrator, I have total faith that this community is going to stay the right direction. :thumbup:

·
Rogue Assassin
2,977 Posts
To everyone who sometimes feels like someone else is getting more slack than they do...

As has been mentioned previously, this is not a democracy. Nor are the admins or mods infallible. They have moods. They have friends. They have history with some members that makes them more likely to cut them a break. In a nutshell, they're human.

Those who want the mods and admins to be cold, calculating, and totally impartial should look elsewhere. Or they should try doing the job for a while. As someone who has been a mod in the past, it's pretty impossible to maintain an impartial, impersonal, and emotionally uninvolved demeanor when one puts so much energy, care, and dedication into this site as do Thanasi, Bradford, Kathy, Kenny, Chris, Boris, Adam, schmove, relent, jwil & others who have served this community as volunteers during the past five years.

Mods are human, too. :) Don't ask them to stop being so; just respect and appreciate the job they do to keep this site functioning and friendly.

Thanks to everyone who does the tough job. Keep up the great work.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Thanasi, I thought I'd say Thanks- it's long overdue.

This site has become a lifesaver, moneysaver, and source of inspiration since it was inducted. It is great to know that you have maintained its professional look , ease of use, and "keeping things in check". As you may know, I've been a member since you've started this site, despite the low post- but that did not mean i do not visit this site often- i do!. (well, could have been a higher post count--but it got wiped out when something happened to your site during the early days :wink: )

Thanks for the first ever ClubB5 Annual Capistrano Drive. Thanks for all the effort provided to keep that going yearly- being that most of us know you're quite a busy person.

My car is still the same car driven on the first CapDrive- and she's still alive and running well, having 140k, because of the information i cultivated from this site about proper maintenance and repair options.

THANK YOU KINDLY! 8) :thumbup:

p.s.- was visiting your homeland in May (saw the Olympic flame!) while on a Meditterenean Cruise- and loved the sites, people, food!!!,and the very rich history!!! Would do it again!!!

Erick
99 Passat 1.8t tip/wagon.
2001.5 Passat v6 GLX sedan.

·
Banned
15,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Erick! Nice to hear from you again! It's really been a long time. Glad to see all is well, and I'm glad you had fun in Greece.

·
Registered
201 Posts
To all who put their time , effort, and passion into overseeing the Club :b5: / :b5.5: site :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Thanks for your hard work and dedication.

Cheers :drink:
Frank

·
Registered
269 Posts
I may be new but I love this community. The administrators and the people have all been very kind to me and I hope that in the future I will be able to make my own contributions to you all. Thanks again
Bruce

·
Registered
73 Posts
This site has saved me literally thousands of dollars by allowing me to research problems and provide an incredible level of detailed research to my independent mechanic. I've met like-minded friends at G-T-G's and the entire experience has added to the enjoyment of my :b5: .

No car is without problems, but this sight gives the owner a fighting chance and invaluable resources to be an informed consumer. I've owned my car almost 4 years (60,000 miles) and it is safe to say, I know this car better than any of my previous cars. If VW wants to have a shot at selling me another auto, they would be wise to pay attention to what you have built here!

Whatever you have been doing here works. Keep it up and I'll continue coming back. Thank you for all you do. :bow:

·
Registered
723 Posts
hmmmm.... I love this site, spend most of my extra time surfing around it for inspiration. i have bought things in the GB forum, bought things from members in the classified section, sold things to members in the classified section, replaced my CV axles myself thanks to help from members, and I have never had a bad experience. In my opinion it must be pretty hard to get kicked off this site.

Why anyone would want to involve themselves in a struggle for power over something that is supposedly a hobby and intended to be relaxing? This is the trluy perplexing concept for me... Some people just need to learn to chill, what fun is owning your car if it stresses you out to the point that you get booted out of your car club? :roll: Now if I could just get out to some GTG's....

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have looked for many different things on this site regardng my new (to me) Passat in the last few months, but not posted, and all of the write-ups and answered questions have been a great tool for me to get to know my car. I have yet to mod or work on my car (lack of money and experience-I'm in high school), but the site has been great, and all those who have posted here seem like wonderful people.

Please don't too much- the site is fantastic just how it is.

Kudos to The Greek for dealing with the problematic people in a just and fair way.

Matt

·
Registered
35 Posts
I too Believe this site to be invaluable. I've saved money and learned alot from this site and it's members.. Keep open the great line of communication.
VIVA THE KING

·
Registered
296 Posts
I might just be a long time lurker, but the B5 site has an intelligence, experience, and friendly candor that is rare on the web.
Let's just break it down concisely- Don't be a dick.

Tx for the good work, Thanasi.
best- Scott

21 - 38 of 38 Posts