Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't get home till 3am...and here are the results....we got a few more things to finish up, but here are a few pics.

New wheels are DPE R16 18x8 and 18x9

Custom FAT Brake: 12.2" slotted/Cross drilled rotors with 4 piston wilwood caliper

Hood pins for safety :)

VERY VERY VERY special thanks to Anthony, Irish, and Pete, who helped me out til 2am to get everything on and more importantly, WORKING.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Nice car but for some reason I still like your BBS CH on that ride..for some reason I see the wheels look tiny even if they are 18's...

Sounds like fun!

·
Registered
332 Posts
The car is obviously hot. The wheels look like they just came out of the CNC though. I think they'd look much better with color matched centers.

I have the same issues with Fikse wheels. Great wheels but they are missing something.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the criticism guys. But I aim to please... only myself and I specifically chose that color and the style. Granted they are 18s and with a lip, they look smaller, but that's the tradeoff between destroying 19" rims are here.

And it's funny that most of you guys have not mentioned the 12.2" rear brakes. :weirdo:, but I guess it really it the showy stuff that catches people's eyes.

Steve, When we finally bled the brakes correctly and tested it, I nearly flew threw the windshield when I slammed on the brakes. :nervous:

But otherwise, thanks for the compliments :)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Those are my fav rims I have seen on your car Julian. They match your CF Hood and give your car that smoked look. :thumbup:

Also you said hood pins for safety, can you explain that one, I am a newbeee remember :wink: How would it help with safety?

But all and all :thumbup: :thumbup:

Rich :)

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.