Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Lisa Simpson
15,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started the real cleaning this weekend, I have been washing for a couple of weeks now and just finally had time to polish and wax the top and bonnet.

Those microfibre towels ROCK!!! They take the dried wax off like no tomorrow. What used to be a serious workout and time commitment is nothing now. I also like that the microfibre applicators don't seem to such up so much wax as you are applying it.

www.yosteve.com :thumbup:

·
Registered
573 Posts
atomicalex said:
Those microfibre towels ROCK!!!
Hear, Hear. I ordered a bunch from a GB last year through yosteve, kept some and gave a few others away to family and friends. I used them mostly for post-water-blade drying, and for buffing/removing wax etc. And touchup between washes, for interior cleaning, etc etc... you get the idea.

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
I even use the MF towels under the foam pad on my buffer to remove wax .. save a lot of time.

If you have a sewing machine or access to one you can make MF applicators by sewing them into small pockets and inserting the kitchen sponges with the green backing into them.

I made these from the 5/$4.97 Walmart MF towels.

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
YoSteve said:
thanks for the love :)

when do you guys want another GB? :)
yea i could use a stack of good MF since i missed out before. :thumbup:

·
Registered
312 Posts
YoSteve....your website always seems to be not compatiable with my computer or soemthing, cuz it always flickers and i cant seem to navigate around the site....

BTW...i would deffinitly be in for some new MF towels...

Steve c.

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Anyone have pix/ data on the towels? intended use... polishing or drying or just general cleaning .. there is sooo much garbage out there.

·
Registered
300 Posts
scox1235 said:
YoSteve....your website always seems to be not compatiable with my computer or soemthing, cuz it always flickers and i cant seem to navigate around the site....

BTW...i would deffinitly be in for some new MF towels...

Steve c.
Try to use Internet Explorer? Are you still having problems with out it? There are a bunch of java type programs associated with stuff that "moves" on the site. Maybe you can check your settings. Otherwise you can e-mail me [email protected]

·
Registered
300 Posts
Jesstzn said:
Anyone have pix/ data on the towels? intended use... polishing or drying or just general cleaning .. there is sooo much garbage out there.
Jesstzn, I don't have much as far as data is concerns (lemme contact the supplier). I can tell you they're one of the better plusher towels on the market and they don't scratch. I've sold this model for over a year and its quality has remained top notch. Many have purchased from 2 of my group buys on here. You can ask them about satisfaction.

As for uses, there's a ton. Here are some.

FOR CARS' EXTERIORS: For drying cars I recommend you use two towels: one to get the big water spots and the other to finish to a streak free shine. If you only have one MT then you could get most of the water off with another scratchless cloth and then finish with the MT. It also depends on your car's finish. I have so much wax on my car that it beads up so much that I am able to completely dry my car with one MT by frequently wringing the towel. On my sister's car (which is 5 years old), when I used an MF on her front windshield she had thought I used Rain-x because when it rained the water beaded from the towel buffing. I never new this (because my window is always clean, hehe), it makes that much of a difference.

FOR CARS' INTERIORS: It works wonders for the inside or your car. If you have any dust on this inside it will pick it right up. I do this sometimes at stop lights (some people really wonder what I'm doing). It won't scratch your instrument panel screen. It will make your rearview mirror shine streak free used dry or with a little "breath". The inside widows will also remain streak free (you can sprits a little water if there is gunk or whatever). If you have any chrome or wood trim, it will polish those right up too.

PERSONAL: Some people use them for hair or bath towels. One guy said he used it backpacking in Europe as his bath towel; so small and easy to carry yet very effective. I imagine if you're a swimmer it would be handy at the pool.

AT YOUR DESK: I also keep one by my computer. I invested so much money on that thing that I wipe it and the screen down constantly. I save one side for the screen and the other for all the plastic parts. It works well. You can also use it on your reading glasses, CD ROMs, and anything else that's glass or plastic that needs dusting or polishing with out scratching.

HOUSEWORK: Of course you can use it for housework like dusting, mirrors, dishes, spills, carpet spills, and windows. You can attach it to a cloth holder like those "disposable dusting cloths" that are weak and dust floors and other flat surfaces. There are so many uses around the house.

HOW TO CLEAN YOUR TOWELS: It is important that you wash or rinse your towel regularly to free it from all the debris it picks up. I use Dawn and soak it in a bucket and then rinse very well and hang to dry. Many others machine wash with fabric softener free detergent and tumble dry low without dryer sheets and find good results. Any residue from fabric softeners and dryer sheets will show up on whatever you're cleaning. This is truly a special and unique product, it is recommended you save it for finishing work and save the initial dirty work for cheaper products.

Make sure you keep you towels separate depending on their duty. You don't want to mix up something for your car finish versus something you use around the house.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
YoSteve said:
when do you guys want another GB? :)
I'd be happy to get another five or six from you -- they've been great!

If there's no GB soon, I'll be getting some more from you anyway, along with some of the SS license plate screws.

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Im just going to say that I bought some MF towels at autozone the other day. What a difference in softness, etc. Best part was waxing the car. The whole waxing of the car took less then an hour and a half to do (minus the roof) and was a whole lot easier to remove the wax then with the basic towels I use from around the house.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i gotta get me some :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Yosteve, some members might like to see the applicators on group buy, too. Or, maybe a package deal like some towels plus some applicators. Just a thought. I'd probably be up for buying some of each. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Yosteve, I'd love a GB on these!! Please!

/poet

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
17 Participants
BCblack99b5
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing