Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right front wheel bearing - $278.50
front brake pads and rotors - $371.75
right tie rod/alignment - $368
4 continental tires - $454
total - $1,472.25

a list of problems from vw that i need before i can get my car inspected. these prices include parts and labor. should i get the parts myself and bring them to them or should i just have them use their parts and pay their full price??

·
Registered
816 Posts
Why use the stealership? Look around in your area for an indy shop and get some comparitive prices. You never know until you try.

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
total - $1,472.25

a list of problems from vw that i need before i can get my car inspected. these prices include parts and labor. should i get the parts myself and bring them to them or should i just have them use their parts and pay their full price??
1. and 3. I would look for an indy mechanic to do.
2. you could DIY, not hard, if you are not comfortable, ask if you can buy your own part(100 for parts, maybe 1.5 hours labor)
4. go to a tire place you should be able to get out the door with a good set of tires for under 400.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
total - $1,472.25

front aftermarket wheel bearing on ebay: $50 (I have one...its perfect)
front pads and rotors: 150 (about an hour of your time to do yourself)
right tie rod: 20 bucks (a little more difficult, prolly have shop do it if your not auto savy)
independent alignment: 50-75 bucks
4 tires off ebay, a LOT cheaper... 300?

all together: about half price. why take it to the dealer? go to someone independent and give them parts.

·
One more time, and I'm outta here
5,841 Posts
1) I don't know anything about
2) The write up on here and audiworld are very well written up. I'm going to do my breaks from here on out.
3) Tie rod ends are about $60 for parts. Labor isn't hard but you probally will have to pay for an allignment. I'll be doing my tie rod ends Saturday.
4) Check out tirerack.com I got pricing for my Yokohoma 430's there for $89. That was $40 less per tire than NTB offered me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts