Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am running an a/d/s/ system soon. I want to go with the subs, but, I would like to keep the enclosures small. I'd like to flush mount them in each cubby behind the fender well. The kicker solobaric 10L7's seem to have a good rep. I wanted to keep all of the speakers the same brand. But the kicker subs seem to work well in small enclosures. I have two amps to run 500w apiece to each sub. Anyone with good recommendations for high sq subs for small enclosures? I'd like to stay with a/d/s/, but, I don't know if they're what I want. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
dloemt said:
Hey all, I am running an a/d/s/ system soon. I want to go with the subs, but, I would like to keep the enclosures small. I'd like to flush mount them in each cubby behind the fender well. The kicker solobaric 10L7's seem to have a good rep. I wanted to keep all of the speakers the same brand. But the kicker subs seem to work well in small enclosures. I have two amps to run 500w apiece to each sub. Anyone with good recommendations for high sq subs for small enclosures? I'd like to stay with a/d/s/, but, I don't know if they're what I want. Any ideas?
Before going with a/d/s check out Focal Polyglass Series speakers. Now as far as the subwoofer goes, the Solobarics have an excellent drop and are space-savers. Also take a look at Focal K2 line of subs! I debated doing Focal components with a JL sub but I can save space with the K2's..

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Do NOT use Solobarics in small, sealed boxes. They lost the ability to sound worth a crap in them when Kicker decided to make them more suited for ported boxes. I had a 12L5 in a small, sealed box and it sucked. There was nothing below 30Hz. Kicker even recommends larger sealed boxes. For small sealed boxes, I haven't heard anything even close to an IDQ series sub. Check www.sounddomain.com for pricing

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Go with the Focal Pollyglass.. They are incredible.. A friend of mine went with there separates and sub, powered by JL 300.4 and 500.1 and his car sounds incredible.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
JT, you hit the nail on the head! I'm in the process of doing a custom system in my W8 and the installer is going with all Focal speakers including their K2 Subwoofer (13KS to be exact!). The 13KS is designed to fit in very small enclosures and the bass drops clean!! This 11" sub sounds better than 12's I've ran in the past. The Focal Polyglass Subwoofer line requires a much larger enclosure than the K2's.

I'm going with Polyglass components and two 13KS subs. I'll have pictures ready when my HU gets in..

·
Registered
665 Posts
:heart: Solo Barics :heart:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts