Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 14 passat tdi highline, recently in February I received a problem where the passenger side was blowing cold air while the heat was on and driver was blowing hot air. After diagnosis, it turned out to be the common heater core problems that these cars receive and it was covered under the extended warranty from VW. Now when Canada's weather finally turns good, I went to turn on my A/C and its blowing HOT (not warm) air from the driver side and cold on the passenger side. Sometimes it would start blowing cold on driver side as well but some days it will literally be blowing heat from driver side (even when I turn off fan and a/c, its still blowing hot air). Temperature is set to Low on both sides, A/C button is on and the recirculation is set to inside. What can be the problem? This problem hasn't occurred last summer, could it do anything with the dealer heater core install?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
A/C button is on and the recirculation is set to inside. What can be the problem? This problem hasn't occurred last summer, could it do anything with the dealer heater core install?
Thanks in advance!!
Why would you be on recirc? I only use it when it's extremely hot or there is very much dust flying around. Even driving in the southern USA or Mexico I seldom use the recirc!
To me it sounds as if there may be a problem with the dampers in the system. Maybe the core installers screwed something up?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a 06 Chrysler 300c 5.7L. Driver side A/C was blowing warm/hot air while the passenger side was cold. I would hear a clicking sound when turning on the heater/A/C, and learned it could be a stuck actuator door. Electric servo motors do all the blending now and they do fail more than they should and fixing them is not for the novice. You need to get the HVAC codes first then if it is deep in the system disassemble the entire dash to gain access to the HVAC unit. It was not cheap to fix, and it failed again after a year.

Don't know if the Passat uses the same type of system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts