Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
bump.....somone must have done this?????

I have seen reference to HID projectors, but not halogen.

Hi All, Newbie here. Please forgive any transgressions I may have comitted.

Not sure if this is the right forum or the B5 Garage....

Anyway, is this possible, by that I mean as in plug and play? I was hoping to go to a salvage yard and buy used projectors and do the swap. The old halogens are the worst headlights I have ever seen beside the wife's old villager wagon's.

TIA

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Anyway, is this possible, by that I mean as in plug and play? I was hoping to go to a salvage yard and buy used projectors and do the swap. The old halogens are the worst headlights I have ever seen beside the wife's old villager wagon's.

TIA

·
Registered
964 Posts
are you talking about the audi 1 piece ? either way def. not plug and play and i dont think ive seen anyone with that done... but hey newbie, be the test bunny !!

-deez

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for the reply -deez

Actually I was wondering if the projectors from a 2000 model would fit. I just bought this car for my daughter and am very disapointed with the lights compared to my Audi. I have seen a few pictures of Hella HID ecode retrofits, but was wondering if these were plug and play. I would rather not do any cutting and splicing of the stock harness. I am familiar with doing HID upgrades on H7 type halogens which requires some small mod to the housing ie a small hole to pass the harness to the ballast/igniter.

Thank you very much for the reply.

Kraut

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,168 Posts
Kraut67M said:

TIA
Yes, Hella makes both halogen and HID projectors for the B5 Passat's (1998 - 2001 early) You can buy the halogen one's off ebay if you'd like too.

Here is a link to a set of the halogen kind:

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-98-99-00-VW-Passat-Clear-Projector-Headlight-corner_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQitemZ8033607494QQrdZ1

2, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-98-99-00-VW-Passat-Clear-Projector-Headlight-corner_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQitemZ8033608277QQrdZ1

This is a pic of my car with those headlight's on. They are the halogen type and are the exact same one's in those ebay actions!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Mrgreek for the info and picture. These look great. I have a couple more questions, Are these plug and play? for both the corner and headlights? You mentioned that Hella made these, is that correct or are they asian types?
And most importantly are you very happy with the light output. I live in a rural area with no street lighting or other type of lighting with many deer that like to jump out in front of you.

Kraut

1 - 7 of 7 Posts