Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I am running a 99 passat v6 and already having power draw issues from my stereo system.

Current setup
JVC KD-X370BTS Head Unit
Hifonics Zues 1800.1d sub amp
2 Hifonics Zues 4 ohm dvc 10's
4 Hifonics Zues 6.5 components

I am already having headlight and interior light dimming issues along with a drop in rpms when the bass hits. After christmas I will be adding a Hifonic Zues 2000.4 for the component sets as well as a second battery and a bullz audio 5.5farad cap. Both batteries will be in the trunk and 4guage wire ran from the front to the back to power the car. Will this completely fix my issue or do I need to go further?

·
Administrator
23,518 Posts
Check to see what alternator you have. Some V6s came with a 90a. 120a would be ideal. I upgraded my 1.8T 90a to a 120a and it keeps up pretty well with my system, although not as powerful as yours. Was running old school Punch 4080 and Punch 60 bridged to a P1 10", MBQuart QS components int he front and kicker components in the back. It would dim the headlights when it hit. Now I am running a Kicker KXA 800.5 amp with no dimming on the 120a.

What will be your total wattage? Are you running the components @ 4ohm and the subs at 2 or 4ohm? I don't think 4ga is going to be enough for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure which alt I have tbh. Subs are running at 1ohm and components at 4ohm. I will be at 3800 total wattage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts