Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The turn signals and emergency flashers on my '99 suddenly refuse to work. Both respective fuses look OK. Bad relay doesn't make sense, as I think it's two separate relays, and I doubt they'd go out at exactly the same moment.

Any suggestions ????

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
They run through your hazards... remove the center console and see if the hazards switch is in tight, or something is bad with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I'm not so sure now-----they both started working again, after I jiggled the turn signal lever ! Strange.... :crazy:

Anybody wanna revise their opinions, or are you sticking with the relay ? No reply necessary if you're still sold on the relay........

Thanks for everybody's help.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my '98 - It was the Comfort Control Module [CCM]. Shorted, causing the same thing you are having.

Also thought it was the relay. I happened to be at the dealership for an oil change, so they tried one from another car on the lot to see if it fixed the problem. Didn't, so the tech troubleshot it and found the problem was with the CCM.

·
Registered
29 Posts
im having mad electrical problems like brake lights goin out the light in my dash went out and now my tiptronic wont work and the letters in the odometer and now backlit i read the manual they say its and electrical prob i dont get the electonics

·
Registered
318 Posts
Where is the CCM located? My buddy is having serious electrical problems. Windows only go have down, exterior and interior lights work whenever they feel like it, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
Meap
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing