Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
Where in TX are you? I can check it Monday after 3pm if you are nearby (Dallas-Fort Worth) and can drive to my house. Send me a PM, as I get notifications faster.

Reactions: Hero馃ザ

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
I took the chance and made it to PA haven鈥檛 heard the sound since, found a good Indy shop in town, gonna take your advice and see if it鈥檚 the belt have the guy look the whole car over

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
Where in TX are you? I can check it Monday after 3pm if you are nearby (Dallas-Fort Worth) and can drive to my house. Send me a PM, as I get notifications faster.
I was in Amarillo, I know dumb to take the car 1400 miles but cars running great jus keeping it above half a tank always and put strictly v-power from my local shell until I can get the car finely looked over

Registered
That was about 350 miles from me. Glad you made it back.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
That was about 350 miles from me. Glad you made it back.
I appreciate it man ow as really worried for a sec that sound is awful but I haven鈥檛 heard it since, a/c blew cold the entire trip I took it 10 hours at time mainly drove at night, car hasn鈥檛 been redlined but I鈥檝e been clear over 120, OEM axles from napa held up great on the trip,found a good shop in PA guys been working on vw鈥檚 for 30 years tons of beetle bugs outside, gonna take all your guys advice and spend the money to get her checked well, y鈥檃ll think RAVENOL is worth changing over too I鈥檓 past 105 k oil change due, and I could find any record of ATF changed, THANK YOU GUYS ALL FOR YOUR WISDOM

Registered
Ravenol is fine, I used Valvoline Maxlife ATF for my son's Passat and my wife's Golf. It worked fine in both and the Passat has about 250K. It was cheaper and is available at Walmart.

Reactions: axenstar

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
It鈥檚 making some fucked sounds I鈥檓 gonna have to recreate it I think it鈥檚 the condenser going out it it鈥檚 a new sound Completely different ima have to start with this oils change I鈥檒l update you guys for now I鈥檓 not gonna drive the car everything still fine ac still blowing but I don鈥檛 wanna take the risk driving it

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
I鈥檓 convinced it鈥檚 the a/c belt cause I鈥檓 hearing a slight rumble than the little squeal a/c still blowing cold, but I did notice this when I started the car a/c was on lowest

Registered
It鈥檚 making some fucked sounds I鈥檓 gonna have to recreate it I think it鈥檚 the condenser going out it it鈥檚 a new sound Completely different ima have to start with this oils change I鈥檒l update you guys for now I鈥檓 not gonna drive the car everything still fine ac still blowing but I don鈥檛 wanna take the risk driving it
As I said in an earlier post, the condenser has NO moving parts.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts