Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I came off the highway last night was speeding not gonna lie, but the car was in park shortly after and was idling fine not rough but strong, and in the front end it sounded like a whirling scratching whinny in sync with the part of the belt around the new alternator, mechanic claims it鈥檚 the a/c compressor cycling on every 3 seconds or so you can hear it

Which their paperwork claims the a/c compressor bearing was replaced could this be my bearing going out or the pulley, it sounds like it鈥檚 coming from the sensor underneath the radiator and to top it all off it鈥檚 at the mechanic rn for another issue rn ?_?

At speeds from 70-80 I hear a fast tandem knocking , not loud but very noticeable at high speeds, the sound slows down in accordance with the vehicle slowing no problems with the brakes but seems to disappear all together when turning or going slower than 50-60mph, I also hear a rubbing on that same side like my tire against the fender well on that passenger side not loud but noticeable when turning sharply especially accelerating into sharp turns.

Sorry I know this is a two part issue

Beyond this crap happening the last week, sunroof stopped working or is jammed first week, passenger seat won鈥檛 slide back now use to, back doors never opened only from the outside. Child lock off doesn鈥檛 matter. Driver side back window doesn鈥檛 work. The car is in immaculate condition; brand new paint job. At this point I feel ripped. Never any lights on only when the alternator went out, and all the lights went off when I put the new Bosch. I鈥檝e put roughly 1500 miles on the vehicle since I purchased. I鈥檝e had a lot of interest trying to sell the car. I've had the car a month, buyers tags still good till July 11.

Thinking about cutting my losses any help would be greatly appreciated.

Moderator/Administrator
Whew. Invest in come punctuation and sentence structure 馃槱. Sorry, I had to reformat it for you just to be able to read it. Also, every time you post it or edit it, the system flags it as a spam post and I have to approve it manually.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yea sorry man I can barely fucking function as an adult no wonder I got bent over buying this car, still love my b5

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Mechanics claims it鈥檚 the cv axle on the driver side, and no explanation on whirling

Registered
2002 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX 4Motion
errmmmm....Is this a mechanic/buddy or someone you have to pay? From the sound of it, there are a lot of issues to run down and if your doing it with the the clock running you'll go broke. CV joints going generally have that 'nuts rolling around in a coffee can' sound that is hard to mistake. Yes, it goes slower as the car slows down. A more rhythmic "wub-wub-wub" is loose wheel lugs.

Who do you know with access to VCDS or do you have a computer and are willing to learn some stuff?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No it鈥檚 a mechanic I bought the car from I鈥檝e been trying to get myself a Bentley book I ordered a hays manual but it has came yet, I don鈥檛 have a computer rn unfortunately only my iPhone, I鈥檓 getting both the cv joints checked out at a pretty reputable Indy shop nearby who is doing both sides for 538$ out the door

the other sound I heard coming off the highway I have a pretty clear audio of it when it happened keep y鈥檃ll posted gonna ask about those wheel lugs, I hear it everytime on the passenger a dull tandem knocking like knuckles on a door I know I鈥檓 describing it odd but that鈥檚 what it sounds like to me, no change in the steering wheel

Registered
If you post the recording of the noise, that would help.
I suggest you wait until you see how it is after getting the CV joints replaced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts