Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any1 know how to change the fuel injectors? VW is charging $480 to change just 1 injector...I would rather just change it myself. Does any1 have a tutorial or guide me on how to change it?

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
1. Clean area around where injectors go into intake manifold so that dirt and crud doesn't fall into the holes with the injectors removed. Compressed air or careful application of a pressure washer works fine for this.

2. Unbolt fuel rail and pull it an all 4 injectors up as one piece.

3. Replace faulty injector.

4. Install new bottom O-rings on the 3 injectors you're keeping.

5. Put a tiny amount of motor oil on bottom O-rings of all 4 injectors so they install easier.

6. Put stuff back together

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Sharky said:
1. Clean area around where injectors go into intake manifold so that dirt and crud doesn't fall into the holes with the injectors removed. Compressed air or careful application of a pressure washer works fine for this.

5. Put a tiny amount of motor oil on bottom O-rings of all 4 injectors so they install easier.

Do you have the PN for the orings?

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,168 Posts
Those O rings are expensive as hell! I ordered 8 of them to replace my original ones and it cost me $60 Canadian! I was like, WTF? They cost that much!!!

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
mrgreek2002 said:
Those O rings are expensive as hell! I ordered 8 of them to replace my original ones and it cost me $60 Canadian! I was like, WTF? They cost that much!!!

Well, he only needs O-rings for things that are taken apart.

The new injector should come with both new O-rings it needs, and so he only needs 3 more bottom rings for the 3 injectors he's keeping.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Do u need realize fuel pressure before changing injectors. And how to do it?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
yes, you need to de-pressurize the fuel rail before removing it or gas will shoot everywhere. I'd just pull the fuse for the fuel pump and then start the car. It should run for a short while (20 seconds?) and then stop when the fuel pressure quits. When you hook everything back up, be sure to replace the fuse and then prime the car by turning the key but not starting it a time or two before the actual first start.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts