Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turn the key to accessory, and wait for the light test to finish. Turn the key, and hear a relay click but nothing else. Also on the panel the break light comes on when i turn the key.

oh also the windows won't work from inside the car but using the key in the door they go up and down.

This happened a couple other times but i would get out of the car walk around and get back in and it would start like nothing happened.

I just got laid off and this is my only car, can't even afford to have someone look at it.
Anyone have ideas?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
If your car does not want to start even after few km of drivin' and switching off/on that indicates 100% dead battery. Try to start car with jump cables, drive few times around block, go back home, switch off and try to restart car. If nothing happens that is dead battery- you will need new one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recently had an issue with a flooded and corroded CCM under the drivers seat (have no idea how the water got there in the first place) It was recently replaced to the tune of $600... i pulled up part of the carpet and felt the padding, it was damp :mad: who in their right mind would put somthing like that under the drivers floor.

I think it might be the connectors, as i stomp on the floor a few times and it will start however my interior and door lighting do not work and the door ajar lamp on the dash does not light. Any local dubbers have experience with the CCM? I could really use a friendly crash course in it.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I was guessing it was your ccm to begin with, since you got the replacement recently you might want to bring it back and get it double checked again. If you need to replace it again i would ask around to see where you could get a ccm for cheap, replace it, and maybe consider selling the b5 depending on your financial situation.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
We had a similar incident w/ our 01.5 glx v6- recently.

After elimination process (even involving AAA coming by check the battery and was advised OK :crazy: ) It came to be the battery afterall.

The car is 4 years old- so that prompted us to put Battery on top of the list, being that our 99 1.8t also had the same incident at one point- when it was 4 1/2 years old.

Surely enough, the car started like nothing happened. The car even felt very 'happy' zipping around town w/ her new power source!!

Just want to share some tell tale signs of battery at failure:
car will try to turn over, even w/ climatronic off/ stereo off, /interior lights off- but to no success.
-headlights will be 'dim'
-folding powered side mirrors will not activate.

The car did started when we jumped the car w/ our 99 1.8t. before we replaced the battery.

Its been the car now for almost a month- and no signs of any electrical issues whatsoever.

e

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.