Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am well underway with the heater core replacement on my newly acquired Passat VR6. I have everything (and I mean everything) extracted, so I would like to say the hard part is over now. Looks like the problem was the heater hose barb (plastic) on the core broke to pieces, which caused extreme soaking of the entire interior. I've got the entire dash, heater box (was able to remove just the box so as to keep the AC intact) seats, carpet and padding removed with fans on to dry and dry everything out. While I have everything out I decided to replace the blower fan and resistor as a safeguard against future dash removal. Also replacing dash/component light bulbs as several were burned out. The insight that I seek is with regard to other known potential problems with these cars. While I've got everything removed, is anything else known to cause issues within the dash of these cars? I am going to replace the TCM (under rear seat) also, even though it does not appear to be water-logged. Just hoping to make this a "one and done" procedure as the amount of work required to replace a $23 part is borderline insane! I'm on day #3 with the fans on inside the car, trying to get everything dried out before beginning reassembly. If there's anything else I should be targeting for replacement, I would sincerely appreciate the insight. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts