Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my car was recently stolen at 1050 pm. It was stolen from newark nj... I dont have any pictures do i wish i wouldve taken pics. The only way i can describe my car is.. Its a b5 silver wagon 2000 ... It has smoked tail lights.its tinted from rear passenger seating all the way back... It has both corner lights missing.. Still has the stock rims.. Has a roof rack on.. Nd pretty much everything was stock.. If anybody in the nj area sees it please pm or hit me up.. Thanks,.... I had my babies car seat and diapers in the back...
Thanks spread the word please...
:banghead: :mad: :mad: :(:cry:

·
Moderate Moderator
16,464 Posts
the police out here suck. They're no help at all.
I know what you mean. My truck was stolen not too long ago. The police took the report over the phone. Later that week when I saw activity on the account linked to the automatic toll paying transceiver in the truck, I called that info in and they couldn't have been more disinterested.

The plus side of reporting it stolen is if the car was for some reason towed by the city, they should be able to look that up. If the car or plates become involved in some illegal activity, you're on the record as having reported it stolen. If it was taken for a joy-ride and abandoned, when it collects enough parking tickets to get towed the VIN will pop up as stolen.

Call your insurance agent and let them know what's going on.

If you have an automatic toll transceiver in the vehicle, look up what needs to be done to deactivate it so you don't get charged for someone else's travels.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for taking forever steve... But all in all good news my car was found the next day.. Apparently im assuming and guessing it was all just a joy ride.. Which sucks.. Luckily i had full coverage . So rite now i just have to pay my deductible and the insurance pays the rest.. Total worth of damages was worth like $3k.. I believe.. My rear bumper front bumper were kinda messed up. Key door cylinder has to be replaced, the ignition switched has to be replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts