Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I really wanted to replace the amber sidemarkers and turn signals as they made the car look much more dated then it is.. SO I got on the phone with a buddy of mine who works at a local car parts supplier and got a great deal on some Clear OE lenses... I think it really made the car look newer, I liked the amber strip on the front signals as it keeps me "legal" around here.. :driving:

Old and busted!!:puke:

NEW Hotness!!:thumbup:

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No the tint isnt legal, but the police around here are more concerned with nailing people for not having amber reflectors then they are for having dark tint. When I get pulled over I roll my windows down and turn on the interior lights.. I would like to go HID, just never done it before and havent had a chance to research a good plug and play for the Passat.

· Registered
8,453 Posts
No the tint isnt legal, but the police around here are more concerned with nailing people for not having amber reflectors
Man, that sucks...busybodies, all of 'em!

I've had fully clear (fluted) corners on my '98 since 2001, no issue. But I don't have tinted windows, so maybe they're too busy to stop me for a single minor infraction.

· Registered
2,827 Posts
I really don't understand how people get away with dropping a car down. I know obvious reason why..you don't go skinning or hiking...I would totally scrape on that. But last year at christmas I could barely get into my damn apartment complex due to snow turned into ice. It was like train tracks.

And most likely cause you have other cars unlike I. I have to admi the right drop looks extremely good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.