Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would this be a bad setup on the v6? I found some on sell, supposedly high performance. I'm not worried about that at this moment, but I don't want something that's too many ohms, and hard to start the car without further mods. Only reason I'm getting them is it's $60 cheaper than stock cause of clearance. The specs for the OEM is 6.4mm, but I guess it would matter most what they're made of right?

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Err, correct me if I'm wrong, but our cars use ignition modules on top of the plugs. This would mean that they have a relatively low-voltage feed, ergo you could probably use bell wire from Radio Shack and they would still spark just fine.

SirWired (who is really just guessing, and not truly offering advice)

·
Banned
373 Posts
sirwired said:
Err, correct me if I'm wrong, but our cars use ignition modules on top of the plugs. This would mean that they have a relatively low-voltage feed, ergo you could probably use bell wire from Radio Shack and they would still spark just fine.

SirWired (who is really just guessing, and not truly offering advice)
If you are referring to the Ignitions Coils/Module attached to the top of the plugs, those are specific to the 1.8 T 4-cylinder and not the V6 which is what B5V6 indicates having.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I have a set from Neuspeed 8mm "virgin" wires, to be honest nothing spectaculary. If you can get them cheap it's o.k. otherwise it is not good investment. You can't feel anything.Cranking same,MPG same, idle same. Or,maybe I forgot. Anyhow, for sure it should not be on your top priority list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts