Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

80,000 mile check up price?

4K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Curry 
#1 ·
Hey, does $360+tax sound good for a dealer (anyone from mass. I would apprechiate too!) Thanks!

#9 ·
Bugsy said:
Curry said:
Anyone have a list of what is done?
Scheduled maintenance can be found HERE

I did all the maintenance myself (spark plugs, air filter, cabin filter, etc) so my 40K service only cost me $40. Thanks ClubB5!
Yep...from now on, I only go in every 20K and that is just for the "check this and check that" things only the dealer can do...

#10 ·
Bugsy said:
Curry said:
Anyone have a list of what is done?
Scheduled maintenance can be found HERE

I did all the maintenance myself (spark plugs, air filter, cabin filter, etc) so my 40K service only cost me $40. Thanks ClubB5!
Just a quick clarification - my cost at the DEALER was $40 for their required checks. I didn't include the things I did in that price...

#11 ·
I couldn't find a write-up on how to change the cabin, and air filter so could some one tell me the specifics on how to/pics, where to get the filters for cheap?
Thank You- Ryan :thumbup:

#19 ·
danteshors said:
Funny timing belt is no where to be found on the scheduled maintance link above. I wonder what elese isn;t listed.
It comes up when I look at it.

Timing Belt check - 40k and 80k
Timing Belt replace - 105k
Timing Belt tensioner replace - 105k

Of course, nobody here would wait that long to replace the TB and tensioner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.