Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had it for 1 k milles now, its a 1999 B5 and its almost hitting the 70 k milles... Runs very good and i love drivin it. I am thinkin of taking it to the stealership or a mechanic when it hits the 70 k. What do you think will be done? Timing belt and water pump where replaced already by previous owner.

thank you

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
TB and water pump already done at approx 60k? You get this from another clubb5'er? :thumbup:

How are you enjoying it so far? Welcome to the club :drink:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the car and the TB and water pump was already changed :) Before i bought it i knew that was one of the main problems. Hell yeah i am enjoyin it. The passat is such an awesome car. Confortable for 5 ppl, huge trunk but at the same time still powerfull and fast. The design is awesome (dont really like the jetta but love the passat). Didnt do any mods yet, poor college student, but will soon. Getting some 17s and lowering it 1.5 inches :) ahah... the thing is i was gonna get a gti (vr6 already lowered, wit a front spoiler, upsolute chip and beautiful bbs's... also had a neuspeed exaust... couldnt afford it.. the guy was only asking 13 000 for it and it was in beautifull condition.. but i only had 10 k to waste so i couldnt get it... i love the gti but i am happy wit the passat (the turbo is wonderful :)) and i love the fact that my friends can easily get in the car :)

anyways, back to my topic... does anyone know what should be done at 70 k? shocks? (eheh, hope so so i can get some performance shocks :p) or any other thing? i am gonna change the oil soon but what about other things???

thanks once again

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
i'm @ 68k and my suspension feels ready to be done. i bought the koni shocks and neuspeed springs both from s_klass group buys. check them out!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahhh, i wish i had 600 lying arround. I eventually want to get a sport suspension but i dont think i can afford it now. I mean, if i really need it and i prob will sooner or later... thx black magic... How much are u getting the car droped? its gonna look awesome :) i cant wait till i do the same!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts