Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I believe the 6th switch found in the Euro spec Passat is a toggle to control all the interior lighting at the same time, ie turn on or off all the interior lights.

Cheers Frank :) :drink:

P.S. If I'm wrong on this my apologies in advance

·
Registered
277 Posts
Anyone know where to get the Europian Switch that turns on ALL cab lights? AND can our USA versions be easily modded to accept it (is the wiring in place?)....I find it anoying to NOT have a way (short of opening doors) to turn on all the interiors.

Thanks (sorry if this was a hi-jack but it does seem kinda On-topic :D

daniel

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Rich P said:
Is the 6th switch a toggle switch, or not? Does it function like the ASR button where if you turn of the engine it resets to a default setting (ON for the ASR), or does it stay with whatever setting you leave it, like the emergency blinkers?
To answer your question the 6th switch does not reset when the engine is started/stopped. The switch is also not a momentary switch like the ASR or Rear Window defroster buttons, it will not pop back out until you push it again.

Pete

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
No Problem.

I have had it for over a year and it controls my PIAA driving lights, and it is wired so that my parking lights have to be on for it to work.

Pete

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
No Problem.

I have had it for over a year and it controls my PIAA driving lights, and it is wired so that my parking lights have to be on for it to work.

That's exactly what I'd like mine to do, but have no idea what each of the connectors are for on the back of the switch.

Care to share?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
let me find my post asking the exact same thing.
Since the Search funciotn is uselss now....

Pete

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31994&highlight=

and

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26199&highlight=

1 +12V (red LED)
2 Ground
5 switch-contact *
6 switch-contact *
*one of the switch-contacts must be connect to 12V
otherwise you do not have the yellow light when you push the button

addional/optiontal

socket and wiring part numbers

8L0 971 972

000 979 227

to wire it to the PIAA's I will double check mine I installed them on JAN 1 2003
but it was east just cut the switch of the piaa wiring harness.

Pete

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
^^will the red led dim if I connect pin 1 to a "dimmer" power wire, and pin 2 to ground? I figured I'd tap into pin 1 on a neighboring switch to make the dimmer function work. EDIT: Nevermind: http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31994&highlight=

Also, what's the VW part number for the cab-light version of the 6th switch?

·
Registered
191 Posts
6th switch

...and didn't someone start a thread here about using the 6th switch to control a power rear sunshade? If that went anywhere let me know because as summer comes I'd love to put together that mod.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
14 Participants
pete1
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing