Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my (new) passat out for 6 hour round trip and out-bound it worked fine, but coming home it started to unravel...

Satnav took forever to calculate route and in the end didn't work.

While I was doing 70 on the motorway - it recognised 30 and tried to slow me down - very, very, dangerous - lucking the I was out west on the M4 and it was very quiet.

then it started recognising junctions and bends and tried to slow me down for them!!!!

in the end I did the last 1.5 hours with no Cruise Control.

Its only 18 months old and has only done 8000 Miles!!! German Rubbish!!!

Obviously its some sort of software bug/glitch, but I feel like taking it back and asking for a Refund!!!!!

I now wish I had used my 2005 land rover Discovery - cos the Sat nav and Cruise have never let me down in 15 Years of Ownership!

on the plus it was very comfy - did 55MPG and the windscreen wipers worked ok!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also from owning this new and my new BMW X3 (both 2020 models)- when I press start on the passat it takes a few seconds - only a couple- whereas my X3 starts before I have lifted my finger of the start button. So I have always thought something was wrong with it.

Also I have a tonne of "slop" in my Passat Gear Selector - whereas the X3's is precise and sharp.

I guess I have discovered the difference in Quality between BMW and VW - if I can't get the Passat resolved - its going and I will get a BMW 520 to replace it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts