Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting a Passat since the B5 came out, and I've lurked around here for years since Thanasi first started this great site, but finances prohibited me from buying a new car. In the meantime, I've owned an Audi Coupe GT (tons of torque, but no top end) and a BMW 525i (E34 manual and chipped, of course). But yesterday, as a birthday present from my wife, I took delivery of a Reflex Silver '04 GLS with a manual tranny and black leather. I doesn't have the new side mirrors (build date of 6/03), but I don't mind. Even loaded down with my wife in the navigator's seat and three kids in back, I'm amazed at how much pep it still has. Man, the first 1K miles are going to be torture! Eventually, I hope to work the suspension up to the level of my BMW (Eibach/Bilstein combo on all corners) and take advantage of Neuspeed's brain surgery services, but I think I'll get to know the car in its stock form first.

Anyway, I just wanted to say what a great community this is and that I'm proud to be a part of it now.

Lito Reyes

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Awesome, Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Welcome to the club! :thumbup:
I wish I got birthday presents like that!! It's a great car you're gonna love it!

·
Registered
25,996 Posts
Damn,thats one hell of a present. 8)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the welcome, guys. I guess one of the reasons I never posted here was because of all the time I spent at bimmer.org trying to find out how to fix all the things that have broken on my BMW ;-)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
your wife won't be driving it long if you check out the GB section :lol:

(I wanted to beat S_KLASS to informing him about the fabulous deals in the GB forum)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
17 Participants
rollininstyle2004
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing