Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
The red ring that wraps around the grey cap separates. There is a tab that you push in and than just pull apart. Easier said than done. Spin it until you see the tab. Then use small flat screwdriver. Be patient.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hindsight -

Thanks for the post!! Fantastic job and right on the money, I was able to prep for the job and it was just as you posted!! I was able to find a kit from Blauparts.com ( Vw Passat Transmission Fluid Filter Change Kit - Vw ATF - 09G ) which included 6262/2 and the squash washer.

Thanks Again
Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
"What mileage did y'all perform the flush? I'm going on 89k on my 06 and I'm debating wether or not it's too late to flush"

40,000 and plan to do it in that interval.

Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
ok so I have to ask, what trans do I have? 08 Passat Komfort with BPY, I have the paddle shifters that is a 6 speed. Is this a DSG or triptronic? I want to do a trans service but don't want to spend money for the wrong parts. My vagcom says 09G does this sound right?

Thanks for the write up!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm just finishing up the Oil Separation Membrane and decided to do the transmission fluid change while I had everything apart....

Dealer price for Trans fluid/filter change is over $330.... So decided to change that while I had everything apart.

Blauparts also sells on Amazon - with a Prime membership it is much cheaper to buy on Amazon as opposed to Blauparts directly - plus you can get it in 2 days instead of 5-10 with an extra $5.99 paid in shipping. I think it was around $11 less via amazon for the shipping and fluid with 2 day shipping.

I have a 2007 Passat 4Motion wagon with 140K miles on it - fluid has never been changed as far as I know, a few things were different for me. The fluid level tube was not removable from my pan. The level tube is plastic in mine and does not have a hex or torx to remove it. Perhaps it was like the Oil Filter drain plug - completely stripped to a perfect roundness. After draining from the plug, I removed the pan and poured the remainder out.

Removing the air filter box unit give easy access to fill the trans from both the front "dip stick" access and the rear "bolt" that can also be used to fill. I plan on using 1/2" tube which should fit snugly enough on the spout/tube from the liter bottles of fluid.

I should have all of the service carrier back on tonight so that I can fill the trans....

As a side note - I spent 2 weeks (probably a total of 14 hours once I'm finally finished) to replace the oil separation membrane.... Not horrible - just don't have much time to work on it... Saved over $1300

My only other comment is that I will no longer take the car to the dealer for any normal maintenance..... Any plug they used was stripped. Belly pan bolts missing, wiring was a mess (before I purchased, the valve cover was removed by a dealer in CT), the wiring was not put into any of the proper "holders" everything was loose in there....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is a year later than the last post but I have 07 Passat wagon with HRN auto transmission. the two cooler lines rusted through and I need to replace it which I ordered from ECS. I had the fluid and filter changed less than 10K miles ago. Is there a way to just add fluid after I replace the cooler lines without a complete drain and refill?

thank you
vw trans cooler line.jpg vw trans cooler line.jpg vw trans cooler line.jpg
Nazoomer

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I believe so, HRN ?, not familiar with it but will do some research, normally the tranny pumps fluid to a heat exchanger,then from there to cooler/isolated radiator then back to tranny reservoir.....at least that is how the plumbing is on my B6. 09G. What engine do you have? Will be back on Monday.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm a little late to the party....new owner of a used 08 with 75K miles.

Great write up.

Bad news, I have no way of knowing if the tranny fluid has been changed.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I'm a little late to the party....new owner of a used 08 with 75K miles.

Great write up.

Bad news, I have no way of knowing if the tranny fluid has been changed.
with only 75 k I would not worry, assume you are talking about your surf wagon? unless it says DSG by your shifter you have an 09G

Easy to check and service if you have way to do at a "level" elevated position ,would be more concerned about PCV service at this point, PM me with any questions, Passssaaattt Awaaaaayyyyy!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts