Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm getting a 2004 Passat GLS on Saturday. Very excited. After asking you guys questions about which mods I need to get done I think I've made my decision. I'm going with the Eibach pro kit (1.2 drop), tints, and new rims/tires.

Should I order all of these things and have all the work done at a private shop or should I have the dealer put in the VW Eibach suspension kit and wheels? Any suggestions? And how much will this work run me?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Dealer probably won't do it. When I asked about getting the eibachs, that drivergear sells, the guy just barked off a, "we don't do aftermarket things here." He's never heard of vw selling eibach springs. He was kind of an ass. Anyway, I'd go private, but you can check...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The Eibachs installed at the dealer from driver gear? You really want to know how much I was quoted? $570 :crazy: Fuckn' outrageous. Go somewhere else. Besides, this gives you the ability to look for a different suspention. I was thinking of the eibach's but they are a tad lower in the back than the front. I have Vogtland springs and Koni Sport Adjustable shocks. Very nice ride. The drop is right around 2 1/2" all around.
Anyway congrats on your soon to be passat and welcome to the club. 8)
Try doing a search if you haven't already to read about some other suspension setups.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
my dealer had a pretty fair price on the springs themselves at $200, but never inquired about the price of install.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
It's funny that VW dealers are resistant to aftermarket stuff. My father in law is a Caddy dealer, and he says he makes a ton of profit in aftermarket. I guess there's a lot of room for markup on deuce-deuce spinners.... :suspicio: :D

·
Registered
487 Posts
If you order the stuff from VW, you can have them install the stuff, but I'd go aftermarket to buy and install. Much cheaper. Just find a reliable place. Canvass this site. Ask people in your area where they have gone for stuff.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I got my coil compress tool at harbor freight for like $8 on sale (like 2 months ago tho) I'm sure they're still cheap. I'd go for that and the reopened neuspeed GB- http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=65564 .

check out Herman's site for the how to's:

http://home.comcast.net/~hhong4/shockspringinstall.htm

...plan way ahead and do it on a Sat. or Sunday with a six pack.

Then you can take the $200-$300 you just saved towards a chip so you can do burnouts in the VW stealerships parking lot while flippin' em the bird in your HOT new fast ride :thumbup: :wink:

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Man, you are in the DC Metro!! Welcome to the Club..

If you don't want to Do-It-Yourself then buy your Eibachs and get them installed at Pro-Imports in Gaithersburg, Md. These guys do excellent work on VW's and have great prices. I think they charge $319.00 for the install. Don't forget to get a full 4 Wheel Alignment when the ride settles.

http://www.pro-imports.com

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I would use private shop. I would also do the springs and shocks at same time so you do not have to pay for the whole install all over again when you wear out those stock shocks.
If you are getting a 1.8T manual your front will sit higher then rear with eibach. If it is an Auto trans you will be ok :wink:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
wst said:
Dealer probably won't do it. When I asked about getting the eibachs, that drivergear sells, the guy just barked off a, "we don't do aftermarket things here." He's never heard of vw selling eibach springs. He was kind of an ass. Anyway, I'd go private, but you can check...
Same exact thing happened tom me. :crazy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
11 Participants
therockshow182
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing