Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5mm spacers in stock rims? what will the effect of the spacer (5mm) on stock suspention and stock wheels? :nervous:

-Digital

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
nothing except the wheel farther out or closer to the edge of the wheel well. I run 18X8 tires on a lowered suspension, so whatever stock rim you have 5mm farther out will be just fine.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
You will fell more stability in turn, not like with sways or new suspension.Nevertheless there is diff (like with changing offset on wheels). Some people says that spacers can dammage wheel bearings, can't tell on that.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i didn't even think about that. It would be concievable that since the wheels are farther apart you have a wider stance, (like the wide pontiac comercials) and you would feel the car being more sure footed and hold in the corners more. I dont know if you would feel it or not, maybe someone else can chime in, but that sounds likely.

i thought ur ? was more directly to wheel rub or fitment issues sorry

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
When I instaled 35ET wheels compared to 45Et of OE I felt (on 225/45/17 rims) immediately (it is not weak input) and and this is on heavy V6 Variant 4Mo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts