Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
What size?
I just put some LS-H tires on my wife's Taurus in a 215/60-16 size. They were $450 with shipping from Tirerack, plus $76 for mounting, balancing, disposal, etc. at a local tire shop.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is my understanding that the tire people handle all tire warranty issues, otherwise i'd have to pay again.

I believe it's for the standard tire size for a GLX, 205/55?/16.

I'm going to call for another quote as i want wider tires, and see what that comes out too and compare it to Tirerack.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I just bought four Turanza LS-H tires (205/60/15s) for my '98 Passat 1.8T from Sears. I shopped around for the lowest price in town, then presented the price to Sears which matched the price and gave me 10% more off. I heard that Sears has price-matched even Tirerack.com. I like doing business with Sears as I can cruise the mall while my tires are being installed or rotated.
Kevin

By the way, I love these tires. Way better than the OEM Michelins.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Well then I guess it sounds like a reasonable price. Yes, you will like these tires. They're smooth, quiet and do very well in the rain. I might even get some for the Passat next time around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I paid just under $500 (all included) for P195-65-r15's at Firestone, because they were willing to negotiate. Otherwise it would have been close to $600.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I paid just under $500 (all included) for P195-65-r15's at Firestone, because they were willing to negotiate. Otherwise it would have been close to $600.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts